Yooo whassup homies!

Ciao,

My names Vincent, im 32 a single father to a 4 year old BA kid! I drive an 04(new body style) Ford f150. It was and is my first ever truck i got at 17. I havnt done too much work on it except getting the engine rebuilt, a few cosmetic things and replacing broken or worn out parts on it but its an 04 and its the worst engine in automotive history but hey i bought it at 17 payed for it all on my own so ill keep it as long as i can and drive it into the ground one day… i pulled the radio put an Alpine that has a blue light glow in it so what ive done is pull the AC circuit board out de soldered all the green SMD LEDs and re soldered nice Blue SMD LEDs so im goin with an all blue led color scheme. Ive figured out how to pull the window switches out and do the same..1 down 2 to go and then the master window switch. Ive also got on the way, T5 instrument cluster blue LEDs so you can probably imagine all my truck lights to match the blue of my Alpine! Dome, Map, even headlights have a blue tint on them. Now I would like to put a nice sound system in my baby but that’s where I am lost. I installed the Alpine myself but that’s as far as I got with it I can imagine some small subs under the back bench seat but that’s just my imagination. I don’t even know where to start with the sound system. Does anyone have any advice on how to start building the system, I know nothing about amplifiers subs, tweeters and speakers. Where would I start on this crazy adventure? Any help is greatly appreciated. Time to get the bass thumping.on this old girl, i do have a little experience rewiring connectors & headlights/taillights/3rd brake light, using a multimeter checking connectors, continuity and basic upkeep of my truck aswell as some problem solving and shoot i love to build. So i would love some help if anyone has some time to lay out what all i need to get started i would absolutely appreciate it. Ive been doing some reading on this forum but its chinese to me and im italian so im sooo lost lol. Its nice to be apart of another forum as i only belong to 1 other that is all about shaving with a straight razor and double edge razors specifically vintage gillette razors! I have around 30vintage razors and my truck has a ball end 1930s razor sittin on my dashboard😁

Thank you in advance,
Vincent Aka Looney T

1aespinoza

Pharr, Texas
Vincent Aka Looney T
Welcome aboard. Installing a simple system is pretty straight forward. You run RCA and remote turn on wires from your radio to an amp. Then run speaker wire from the amp to the speakers. Add ground and power wires to the amp, and you are done.
Your amp choices are 2 or 4 channel for the full range speakers. You can also use a 5 channel to have full range and sub output in one amp.
Your other choice is to use 2 amps. One for the full range and one for the subs. You can get signal for the sub amp from the full range amp, or run an extra set of RCA wires to the radio. Most radios have a subwoofer output.
That is it for now. Any Qs, we are here.

deez283

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Aberdeen, WA
Ciao,

My names Vincent, im 32 a single father to a 4 year old BA kid! I drive an 04(new body style) Ford f150. It was and is my first ever truck i got at 17. I havnt done too much work on it except getting the engine rebuilt, a few cosmetic things and replacing broken or worn out parts on it but its an 04 and its the worst engine in automotive history but hey i bought it at 17 payed for it all on my own so ill keep it as long as i can and drive it into the ground one day… i pulled the radio put an Alpine that has a blue light glow in it so what ive done is pull the AC circuit board out de soldered all the green SMD LEDs and re soldered nice Blue SMD LEDs so im goin with an all blue led color scheme. Ive figured out how to pull the window switches out and do the same..1 down 2 to go and then the master window switch. Ive also got on the way, T5 instrument cluster blue LEDs so you can probably imagine all my truck lights to match the blue of my Alpine! Dome, Map, even headlights have a blue tint on them. Now I would like to put a nice sound system in my baby but that’s where I am lost. I installed the Alpine myself but that’s as far as I got with it I can imagine some small subs under the back bench seat but that’s just my imagination. I don’t even know where to start with the sound system. Does anyone have any advice on how to start building the system, I know nothing about amplifiers subs, tweeters and speakers. Where would I start on this crazy adventure? Any help is greatly appreciated. Time to get the bass thumping.on this old girl, i do have a little experience rewiring connectors & headlights/taillights/3rd brake light, using a multimeter checking connectors, continuity and basic upkeep of my truck aswell as some problem solving and shoot i love to build. So i would love some help if anyone has some time to lay out what all i need to get started i would absolutely appreciate it. Ive been doing some reading on this forum but its chinese to me and im italian so im sooo lost lol. Its nice to be apart of another forum as i only belong to 1 other that is all about shaving with a straight razor and double edge razors specifically vintage gillette razors! I have around 30vintage razors and my truck has a ball end 1930s razor sittin on my dashboard😁

Thank you in advance,
Vincent Aka Looney T
Welcome aboard what shaving forum are you on? Badger and Blade?

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Central Maine
Pretty sure that year Ford truck uses 5x7 or 6x8 speakers in the stock locations (two different ways to describe the same thing). I've used JBL Club series components in my brother's 250 and in my F250 and they sound good and are easy plug and play. Really nothing hard about getting into the doors on those and replacing those. I would say that you won't notice much replacing the speakers in the rear, focus your efforts and budget on the fronts and you should be fine, but if you really want louder and have money to spend Q-logic makes custom kick panels for that generation Ford truck. The kickpanel locations are easy to install with those ready-made kits and they give good sound.

If you care to have some low frequency you'll want subwoofer(s). First place to start there is figure out precisely how much space you want to sacrifice and get a rough idea of a price tag you'd be willing to spend.

metalheadjoe

Unapologetic prick
10+ year member
ND
Apart from a $600 spark plug change, i never had a problem with my 5.4. I used an mtx thunderform box under the rear seat (supercrew) and an Alpine pdx amp in place of the factory jack. Really simple and clean setup.

• Wow
Reactions: audiobaun
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome aboard. Installing a simple system is pretty straight forward. You run RCA and remote turn on wires from your radio to an amp. Then run speaker wire from the amp to the speakers. Add ground and power wires to the amp, and you are done.
Your amp choices are 2 or 4 channel for the full range speakers. You can also use a 5 channel to have full range and sub output in one amp.
Your other choice is to use 2 amps. One for the full range and one for the subs. You can get signal for the sub amp from the full range amp, or run an extra set of RCA wires to the radio. Most radios have a subwoofer output.
That is it for now. Any Qs, we are here.
Sounds simple enough, thanks for the response!! I still feel like im gonna need to watch some videos and get more info before i go and buy some components to the system. What brands would you go with when wanting at least mid range gear?

Thank you,
LooneyT

Water Bear

Senior VIP Member
Atlanta, GA
If you're just starting out, you can use crutchfield as a resource. It will show you any prebuilt enclosures they have that will fit your truck and will include instructions for your specific vehicle with purchase, plus their customer service is really good. All in all it's a good place to start.

For trucks people often go one of two ways. Either they try to fit 6.5" or 8" woofers in an under-seat enclosure in the back or they try to fit a wedge style box behind the driver seat (if you have no back seat). Obviously I'm not familiar with your particular truck, hence my recommendation that you see what Crutchfield suggests first then explore similar options from other places.

1aespinoza

Pharr, Texas
What brands would you go with when wanting at least mid range gear
I have no idea in that regards. I have old gear that I plan on using forever and ever. Guys here like Polk Audio, Infinity, JBL, Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer and a few others I cannot recall. These are the affordable brands that sound good out the box. Of course there are other big names that come at a steeper price, but not really needed.

Create account or login to post/reply

You must be a member in order to post a message.

Create account

Register now to post new messages.

Already have an account? Log in here.

About this thread

Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
1aespinoza

Latest threads