Yet another just got my 15 Mag D2!!

cjj2d
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Murfreesboro
all I can say is holy shinikees!!! This thing is massive. even after looking at all the pics I am still blown away by the build of this sub. And it looks better than any pic can show.

Not to mention I ordered it and received it in less than 48hrs!!

Thanks Nick and SI.

Start to break in this beast tomorow. I think I will use my PPI PC2150 to break it in before I throw the PG Tantrum 1200.1 on it.

cool =) i have a mag 15 too and using pg 1200.1 tantrum too i didnt really break it in though, i just cranked it right wen i got it =) i think its broken in now the excursion is crazy, wen u get a chance let me kno what ur gonna do to stop the rattling, my whole car rattles doors and windows!!!!!

I just got mine installed and all I can say is bye bye JL HEEELLLLO SI MAG!!!

My car has never vibrated and rattled as much as this one sub makes it and right now I am only giving it about 400-500 watts to break it in, then going to throw my PG Tantrum on it. I think my poor little Altima may fall apart when I do that though.

I am going to have to go inch by inch on my car to stop all the rattling/vibrating. Dynamat coming soon.

so what has been the problem some people have been having with the spider or something on the Mags??? Just want to know what to watch for.

On a select few of mags, the spider landing came off. After all the magnums they sell, and after all the testing they go through before actually being released to the customer, i doubt u will have any problems. And if you do, then just holla at Nick because their service is awesome. But in my opinion, its nothing to worry about. And if you get unlucky and it does comes off, then just use a lil epoxy glue and problem will be solved

what part is the spider landing? thanks for the input.
urgh, hard to explain but here goes my best shot. The spider on the mag. Its surrounded by plastic. Well on those select few of mags, the plastic part comes loose from the iron part of the magnum. So while ur sub is playing, u will here this tapping sound. The tapping sound is the spider came loose. So if that happens, just notify Nick or talk to him and see if he thinks its better for you to ship the mag back or use epoxy glue. I used epoxy glue and its never happened again. I hope what i said helped you out. Im no speaker genuis by all means

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.