COMPLETED WTB 00-06 Tahoe custom door pods / panels

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a regular cab pickup, and would like to add a second set of 6.5" components. The only real place to add them is the (front) doors. Ideally I am trying to find a set of door speaker pods for (2) 6.5" and (2) 1" tweeters. I have other speakers I could add if I had the right reason to, but this will be plenty for me (in case someone has door panels to sell with more cutouts).

The only ones I have found for sale are made of plastic, and I'm hoping to get a set made from wood or if fiberglass is an option, and (~almost) finished. I don't have any of the tools to build my own, and I've been happy with my system for a long time, but I have had this extra set sitting around for a while now, and don't see it worth it to buy all the tools just for this.

I'm wondering if someone has built and upgraded, then has a set of these or something laying around. Perhaps there is someone on here who makes custom setups that could make these, or knows someone who does. Thanks.

I have a regular cab pickup, and would like to add a second set of 6.5" components. The only real place to add them is the (front) doors. Ideally I am trying to find a set of door speaker pods for (2) 6.5" and (2) 1" tweeters. I have other speakers I could add if I had the right reason to, but this will be plenty for me (in case someone has door panels to sell with more cutouts).

The only ones I have found for sale are made of plastic, and I'm hoping to get a set made from wood or if fiberglass is an option, and (~almost) finished. I don't have any of the tools to build my own, and I've been happy with my system for a long time, but I have had this extra set sitting around for a while now, and don't see it worth it to buy all the tools just for this.

I'm wondering if someone has built and upgraded, then has a set of these or something laying around. Perhaps there is someone on here who makes custom setups that could make these, or knows someone who does. Thanks.
I have the plastic pair from speaker pods .com I'll sell them for dirt cheap or any type of trade

I have the plastic pair from speaker pods .com I'll sell them for dirt cheap or any type of trade

I really want to avoid those. I know they have doubled in price over the last few years, when I thought I would get around to building these, and didn't want to pay $100 for em then, now they're about $200. I just went and bought the amp to run the extra set, and now I'm actively wanting to get this done.

You're already the third person trying to offer those, but you're the first that said you would trade. I've got a stash of stuff I'm going to try to get sell off in the near future, but it looks like most of my stuff is not on everyone else's level here. If they are the ones with the (2) 6.5" and either 0, 1, or 2 1" tweeter, you would be my first try so far.

Amps
KRAFTWERK KW2270 (new)
JL AUDIO JX 360X2 (new)
Cerwin Vega B52 (new)
Zapco st 1650 xmii (new)
Alpine PDX -f6
Hertz D power 4
Focal something 100w x 2

Subs
(2) JL Audio 10TW3-D4 in custom truck boxes
(2) Kicker Comp RT12 in the older smaller truck boxes (small enough to hide em)

Mids
Focal ISN 100 (4")

head unit
Sony MEX-XB100BT

Sky high audio 4 post copper terminals
A dozen distribution block, mostly fused

I have more stuff. Not actively selling anything yet, but if I can't find or build a set of these, I wouldn't feel like I wasn't out anything if we could find a fair trade.

I really want to avoid those. I know they have doubled in price over the last few years, when I thought I would get around to building these, and didn't want to pay $100 for em then, now they're about $200. I just went and bought the amp to run the extra set, and now I'm actively wanting to get this done.

You're already the third person trying to offer those, but you're the first that said you would trade. I've got a stash of stuff I'm going to try to get sell off in the near future, but it looks like most of my stuff is not on everyone else's level here. If they are the ones with the (2) 6.5" and either 0, 1, or 2 1" tweeter, you would be my first try so far.

Amps
KRAFTWERK KW2270 (new)
JL AUDIO JX 360X2 (new)
Cerwin Vega B52 (new)
Zapco st 1650 xmii (new)
Alpine PDX -f6
Hertz D power 4
Focal something 100w x 2

Subs
(2) JL Audio 10TW3-D4 in custom truck boxes
(2) Kicker Comp RT12 in the older smaller truck boxes (small enough to hide em)

Mids
Focal ISN 100 (4")

head unit
Sony MEX-XB100BT

Sky high audio 4 post copper terminals
A dozen distribution block, mostly fused

I have more stuff. Not actively selling anything yet, but if I can't find or build a set of these, I wouldn't feel like I wasn't out anything if we could find a fair trade.
I had them wrapped I'm down for whatever just pm me

Attachments

• 20220804_165341.jpg
    20220804_165341.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
Still looking. I found these. Would definitely like to have a set that looks like these, but when I called, he said that he charges $500 for the set. This is definitely what I'm looking for, even if they were unfinished. I will buy or rent a router table and try making themself before I would pay that.

Outrageous Audio | Facebook

Thanks! I might get a set of those and try out?? I am waiting on the depth information on the 6.5 duals and dual tweets for the mids.

I wouldnt put much worry into the depth. You'd be moving the speaker outwards a lot.
1. From door to door panel.
2. From panel to pod on panel.

That damn near adds 3 inches. The ones Kick posted prolly moved the speaker 4 inches or more.
I have American Bass VFL65MBs and they dont even come near my door.

I wouldnt put much worry into the depth. You'd be moving the speaker outwards a lot.
1. From door to door panel.
2. From panel to pod on panel.

That damn near adds 3 inches. The ones Kick posted prolly moved the speaker 4 inches or more.
I have American Bass VFL65MBs and they dont even come near my door.
I have some EuroSport CDT HD M6 and some other Mids Ill be reinstalling. I have two sets of pods for each door. Just wouldnt mind trying something new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...