Wood glue vs caulk for sealing box question

Ok that answers my question. So it really isn't necessary unless you actually see a gap anywhere.

My cuts ended up being terrible. I had the guy at Home Depot cut two panels a little too long because I forgot to compensate for board thickness so I decided to go at it with a circular saw. The cuts didn't come out great but me and my bro made it work. There is just one maybe 1/4 inch gap between two of the panels that we could seal up. This was just our first box so we probably won't bother. The CVR 12 in the little over 4 cubic foot sealed box sounds awesome for what it is.

Next box is for 2 HDS215s.

4 cubes sealed for a single 12 is pretty big.1/4" gap is also a pretty big ****** gap lol
Yeah we tried to sand it and make it work but it just was too messed up lol. Next time I will actually get the measurements right. And I just ordered a circle jig for my router so I can actually cut a good circle. Like 3 of the screw holes don't have any wood under them because of our messed up circle cutting with the jigsaw.

Now that I am a little more familiar with the process I think my next box will be a lot better.

Yeah we tried to sand it and make it work but it just was too messed up lol. Next time I will actually get the measurements right. And I just ordered a circle jig for my router so I can actually cut a good circle. Like 3 of the screw holes don't have any wood under them because of our messed up circle cutting with the jigsaw.
Now that I am a little more familiar with the process I think my next box will be a lot better.
My first box was so awful I ran through $60 worth of fiberglass to cover all the fcking gaps.

My first box was so awful I ran through $60 worth of fiberglass to cover all the fcking gaps.
Ok well I'm glad I'm not the only one who's first box came out a little bad lol. This weekend I'm building a sealed box for a JBL 15 just for more practice! This one will come out better lol.

The box really isn't all that bad... The sub sounds great for what it is in my opinion... It gets low and it also has punch and it's pretty loud! The steering wheel of the Tahoe actually moves a little on the lows!

Ok well I'm glad I'm not the only one who's first box came out a little bad lol. This weekend I'm building a sealed box for a JBL 15 just for more practice! This one will come out better lol.
The box really isn't all that bad... The sub sounds great for what it is in my opinion... It gets low and it also has punch and it's pretty loud! The steering wheel of the Tahoe actually moves a little on the lows!
That's great man at least you'll be happy with it until you get whatever you move up to. Unfortunately my box didn't even fit in my trunk the right way because I made slight modifications to it as I built and it is port up sub up with very little clearance. It sounds alright but I'm definitely gonna be building a new one in the future lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.