Wiring Question

zerohertz
10+ year member

Florida
I have two 2ohm DVC subs. I want a two ohm load from my mono D class amp. How should this be wired? Also - My mono amp is 1600 watts. There are terminals for two subs just like a 2 channel amp. Is each terminal 1600 watts or do I need to bridge?

my amp is the xplod 1600 watt mono class D. rms at 2 ohms is 900 and rms at 4 ohms is 500. i have two 2 ohm DVC 1600 watt max 12" subs in a sealed box. the rms on the subs is 800 watts

ok i got that but there only seems to be one positive and one negative coming out of the amp and i have 2 terminals on my mono amp. should i connect it to one channel or set it up like i was bridging it?

It depends on the specs of your amp. Most amps cannot support a 2-ohm load in bridged mode. Post a link to the specs of your amp. or post the model # so I can take a look at the specs for myself. You say that there are 2 terminals; If there are 2 terminals, then it is not a mono amp. But I can't make a judgement when I do not know which amp you have. Also, post the model # or the subs you will be running.

2_2ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

This is how you should wire your system. This is called series wiring. The Subwoofers technically are resistors in a series circuit. This is how you will wire 2 2-ohm Duel Voice Coil subs in a 2-ohm load setup. The positive and negative wire going to the amplifier should be bridged over the two channels.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.