Wiring power cable for amp

Sharp_Shoota
10+ year member

UK
Ok in my old car I found a small hole in the chasis at the back of the engine i poked the power cable through there and it apeared under the dash in the cabin, No problems.

Now i crashed that car so got a new one, the newer model of the same car, i figured it would be basically the same but the engine layout is completely different, there is no little hole or anything.

So I figured ok Ile follow the wires from the fise box and stuff, found out where they go into the cabin and its very tight with a rubber thing stuck around it which I cant get off and to make things worse its in a very small place where i can only squize in a couple of fingers.

Anyone got another idea of how I can get the power cable from the battery to inside the car?

8 guage wire only using it to power a small 320w amp for my speakers. I would drill a hole but am scared of drilling through the dash on the otherside or something, or even worse some electronics.

You can definetly find a hole big enough for 8ga, that is very very small. I installed 1/0ga yesterday, that required a new hole though. Check around the steering column there are usually tons of gaskets there, there should also be one near the battery somewhere, check low on the firewall.

Oke took ya advice and drilled a whole, was very luck come out udner the dash in the passenger footwell but high enough up so u cant see the wire go under the carpet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks for the idea mate. Now I can get on with the rest of the install

also...what kind of wiring would i need to hook up the amp to the head unit and the subs to the amp. i'm guessing 4 guage wire. any tips on what kind of kits i should buy or where?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.