Wiring an amplifier for a subwoofer in car with no real head unit or amplifier

Beanman

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, so I have a 2006 Volvo S40 T5 and I'm trying to wire an amplifier to run a subwoofer I'm installing since my car didn't come with one. The issue is Volvos are notorious for not liking people mess with them and in my car especially there's no way to replace the radio/head unit. My dad who is a Volvo mechanic suggested tapping into one of the door speakers and running wires from that to an amplifier then to the subwoofer. Is this possible? Is there a proper way to do this? (I have a JL Audio CS110TG-W1v2 with a 10W1v2-4 driver, and a older PyleToobz sub of unknown exact model. It has high level input and line input)

Hi, so I have a 2006 Volvo S40 T5 and I'm trying to wire an amplifier to run a subwoofer I'm installing since my car didn't come with one. The issue is Volvos are notorious for not liking people mess with them and in my car especially there's no way to replace the radio/head unit. My dad who is a Volvo mechanic suggested tapping into one of the door speakers and running wires from that to an amplifier then to the subwoofer. Is this possible? Is there a proper way to do this? (I have a JL Audio CS110TG-W1v2 with a 10W1v2-4 driver, and a older PyleToobz sub of unknown exact model. It has high level input and line input)

Any external amp? Which one?

Is your Volvo Fiber optic to a power amp under the seat or somewhere else in the car. If it is like my s80, you can go two ways. If it is fiber optic, they have modules that will pick up and decode the signal and send to amps or processors. The other way is to use a loc and grab signal from the power amp.

BTW, you can get a head unit for your car.

This company makes a few of the headunits for Volvos when normal headunits dont work. I will more than likely do this for my s80

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...