Participant count
  • Participant list

SKINNYNIPPLES

CarAudio.com Newbie
MO
I have this amp https://www.crutchfield.com/p_13698617/JL-Audio-RD1000-1.html
And two of these subs in box

From website
"The woofer's dual 4Ω voice coils are internally wired in parallel to present a 2Ω load.

Terminal: The enclosure features a pair of 5-way binding posts; they will accept pin connectors, spade connectors, single banana plugs, dual banana plugs (standard 3/4" width), and bare wire up to 10 gauge"

I'm sure messing with the sub wiring will void warranty .
Do I just run two amps ?
How would I wire these seperate subs boxs to this amp?

Says 2 ohm impedance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220528-210912_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20220528-210912_Brave.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 27
You have 2 boxes that have speaker out puts each box is 2 ohm( if I'm correct). run wires from each box and put the positive to the positive and negative to the negative from each box the put them into the amp that will give you a 1 ohm load

I wouldn't buy another Amplifier if I did I'd run a completely different one that was 1 ohm stable There's plenty of cheaper stronger amps that can run that setup. I know people love jl and they want to run the subs with the amps but for the same price of a rd 1000 I can name a few amps that will get the job done and have you more than satisfied with the out come. Also I have ran several jl setups so I'm not just talking out of my a$$

Sell the JL

Sell the JL
Strong American amp with good customer service and trch support I forgot about mmats

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...