Wireless to car radio?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Icepick

CarAudio.com Newbie
Greetings all,
New here with a few questions nobody can seem to answer.

Upfront;
I am not into bluetooth, cell phones, etc......I had a multi-cd changer in the back compartment of my corvette that went bad.....It functioned by inputting an FM signal into the rear antenna jack of my Bose radio which enabled me to listen to cd's though my radio,

I have been looking at a few wireless bluetooth" items" that plug into a cigarette lighter plug for power that one can apparently use their phone through their radio and use a usb drive with music (I don't care about the phone part). I only want to plug in a flash drive with music files on it to play through radio once set at "88.1".....Below are my questions that nobody seems to know about -

1)...I will assume that This device sends a wireless signal to the vehicles radio when that radio is set on an "off" freq such as 88.1FM, correct?

2)...If I plug in a flash drive with music files/mp3's(?) on it, will this device play that music by sending it through to the radio wirelessly?

3)...If there are multiple music files on the flash drive, what format must they be in?

4)...If this unit is playing a song from the flash drive and the song ends, will this unit automatically select the next song and begin to play it? OR, does the user have to select all the songs he wished to be played ahead of time much like a play list for the songs to advance to the next song after the previous song ends?

Any clear answers will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Every single lighter plugged bt fm transmitter I have seen can only be connected via bluetooth. In other words, it only transmits signals it receives via bluetooth into the FM band. Your other option along those lines is to use a media player like an Ipod or Zune. Load them with your music then bluetooth it (that's right, I just verbed bt) to the transmitter.
On another note, most people that have used those transmitters have given them Zero stars.

I stand corrected, I just some on ebay with usb drive ports and memory card slot. It will definitely control your music via buttons on it. It does play the entire folder you choose.

Thanks for the reply!

I was just going to answer your 1st reply and then, I saw this...I would have posted an e-bay link to show what I was talking about but, I didn't know if that was allowed here.....So, I load maybe a hundred songs on a flash drive, stick it into the usb slot on the unit, hit play, and it will run through all the songs?

Every single lighter plugged bt fm transmitter I have seen can only be connected via bluetooth. In other words, it only transmits signals it receives via bluetooth into the FM band. Your other option along those lines is to use a media player like an Ipod or Zune. Load them with your music then bluetooth it (that's right, I just verbed bt) to the transmitter.
On another note, most people that have used those transmitters have given them Zero stars.

Thanks for the reply.....

The way I see it, as long as it would work, i'd be good with that, o stars or not...grin

Thanks for the reply!

I was just going to answer your 1st reply and then, I saw this...I would have posted an e-bay link to show what I was talking about but, I didn't know if that was allowed here.....So, I load maybe a hundred songs on a flash drive, stick it into the usb slot on the unit, hit play, and it will run through all the songs?
Not 100% on that. It may play by playlist, album, or folder. It may also have random through the entire library.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.