Wire adapter

Puggsley456
10+ year member

Who said you could talk?
On my alpine amp it only allows you to use a 8 guage power wire and I am using 4 guage. Is there an adapter I can use for this? I also heard that alpine uses a different size(smaller) than the average 8 guage power connector. Anyone have any ideas?

Stinger and a couple other manufacturers make adaptors that allow you to reduce 0g to 4g, and 4g to 8g. Im not sure if its a connection that requires a barrier spade but if so, you can look on Ebay for some. You can find barrier spades that allow you to use 0g or 4g to go into a 8g connector. I found 20 spades for 4g to 8g for my 2000x for like $10 shipped compared to the stereo shops overpriced stuff.

Hope this answers your question....

I could descibe it as a crimp connector that has an end that looks like a 2 pronged fork. Allowing the 2 prongs to go around the screw and then tightened down with the set screw.

Does the amp have a hole for the wire to go into, or does it have a flat piece of metal with a square washer and a set screw?

Id post a pic, but am computer ignorant. Post a pic of your amp if your still confused.

You could always just use a distrobution block that will turn the 4g into several 8g wires, one can be had on ebay from $1-$50 depending on brand, features, ect.

Heres a shot of my amp:

7287amp-med.jpg

would this work?: put a ring terminal on the 4, a ring terminal on the 8, and just take a screw and a nut and screw the 2 rings together

would this work?: put a ring terminal on the 4, a ring terminal on the 8, and just take a screw and a nut and screw the 2 rings together
But wouldnt that be the same as running 8 guage all the was from the front you would lose the benifit of the 4 guage wire

I guess the idea is that you want the largest posible power wire to connect right to the amp. And i mguess a size adapter would probably do the trick.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.