Will this system work together?

momeigs

Makeshift Bass-head
I’m thinking of upgrading my system. Just wanted to know if it would all work well together and any tips or ideas I should know. Anything you would keep or change from the old setup? Thanks!

Current Setup:
• Skar TX65C 100 rms components
• Skar TX69 120 rms coaxial
• Skar SK-M4004D 400 watt 4 channel

New Setup:
• Skar (2 pairs) SPX-T 80 rms tweeters
• Skar FSX65 150 rms loudspeakers
• Skar TX69 120 rms coaxial
• Skar RP-75. AB 500 watt 4 channel (if needed)

I mean you keep having issues with Skar but keep going back.

You are opening up a whole nother can of worms going with pro audio speakers and having to run active crossovers.

Are you replacing everything you have now with what you listed as "new setup"?

Go by Quality Audio on 1866 Blanding. Heather Brown and Lindsey Manly knows their stuff.

id do somethin like this..

and bridge this..

What’s the headunit. If it’s active scrap the passive crossover on the current component set and run the tweeters and mids on all channels of the amp. Leave the 6x9’s out your system. Something to try before you go all new. That amp should power all drivers.

I mean you keep having issues with Skar but keep going back.

You are opening up a whole nother can of worms going with pro audio speakers and having to run active crossovers.

Are you replacing everything you have now with what you listed as "new setup"?

Go by Quality Audio on 1866 Blanding. Heather Brown and Lindsey Manly knows their stuff.
The issue wasn’t Skar, it was the shop that put them in. Yes i’ll be replacing everything with the new. Idk if I need to 500 watt 4 channel or not though. I’ve switched shops over to Miami Pro Audio.

What’s the headunit. If it’s active scrap the passive crossover on the current component set and run the tweeters and mids on all channels of the amp. Leave the 6x9’s out your system. Something to try before you go all new. That amp should power all drivers.
A Pionner MVH 1400 NEX. I wish I could do that but the way my old shop installed everything it blew out all the highs. I’m forced to get new speakers.

Well your deck is network ready sooo that’s good.

keep amp
Buy separate tweeters and mids
Tweeters (ct2’s, seas) to name a few
Mid (silver flute, sb acoustic poly) to name a few
Soundtreat front doors

Well your deck is network ready sooo that’s good.

keep amp
Buy separate tweeters and mids
Tweeters (ct2’s, seas) to name a few
Mid (silver flute, sb acoustic poly) to name a few
Soundtreat front doors
These are all very good options but they’re expensive. I know you get what you pay for especially with Skar. Would all the new stuff I mentioned above work together without the 500 watt five channel? What would I have to do to install it?

There’s nothing expensive about my recommendation. Tweets are 75$ for the pair and silverflutes are 40$ each. 18sq ft of noico is 25$

you will reroute you’re 3/4 channel speaker wire on your existing amp to your front doors and you will keep your 1/2 speaker wire in your front doors. Connect tweeters to 1-2 and mids to 3/4. Disconnect your battery or reset hu to select network mode, set filters on headunit.

The stuff you listed adds up to more, you don’t need two sets of tweeters. You’re just not going to get validation on your proposed setup from many guys here

skar ***** bro. The sound quality is pretty trash.
You are better off just waiting till you have more money and do the system right the first time

In the long run, you'll waste thousands of dollars buying garbage that doesnt do the job or breaks down vs buying quality stuff right at the beginning and having long lasting good results.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.