Will i need a better alternator for the system i am about to order?

SwizzyPlz

NY
I'm about to order a Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D and already have an Alpine MRP-F300. That comes out to about 1500 watts? Both are going in a 96 honda prelude and i'm not sure if the alt will power it. I do plan on doing the big 3 but will that be enough? If not what do i need to buy/do to make it work?

Thanks in advanced!

I'm about to order a Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D and already have an Alpine MRP-F300. That comes out to about 1300 watts? Both are going in a 96 honda prelude and i'm not sure if the alt will power it. I do plan on doing the big 3 but will that be enough? If not what do i need to buy/do to make it work?
Thanks in advanced!
What is the stock alt size? You should be ok without buying a bigger alt. Definitely do the big 3, and you probably want a better/bigger battery, assuming you have the stock battery now. Buy a voltage meter, it will help a lot. Just watch voltages and upgrade what you need to in order keep voltage up.

the car should be able to handle it. I have a 2001 corolla with a stock alternator that puts out 80 and i didnt do the big 3...still works great. the lights will dim when i really have it pounding, but nothing the car cant handle. been running strong for over 2 years now.

the car should be able to handle it. I have a 2001 corolla with a stock alternator that puts out 80 and i didnt do the big 3...still works great. the lights will dim when i really have it pounding, but nothing the car cant handle. been running strong for over 2 years now.
**** dude, you realize how much you're choking that amp? You have a voltage meter? Would be interested to see what voltage numbers you hit.

Depends on the car, I was getting 0 voltage drop in my Toyota (60A Stock alt) on ~1300W and then dropped the same amount of power into my Dodge, dropped to about 13.2V.

its not healthy, and then again its a 2001 corolla lol. always was worried about it going out but i push it every day and it keeps up...whether its a miracle or luck im not sure, but doing the big 3 on an 01 corolla makes about as much sense as throwing cash in a fire

its not healthy, and then again its a 2001 corolla lol. always was worried about it going out but i push it every day and it keeps up...whether its a miracle or luck im not sure, but doing the big 3 on an 01 corolla makes about as much sense as throwing cash in a fire
Lol, also true. I'd be more concerned about the health of the amp than the car....

Depends on the car, I was getting 0 voltage drop in my Toyota (60A Stock alt) on ~1300W and then dropped the same amount of power into my Dodge, dropped to about 13.2V.
Did you have the big 3 done in the Toyota? In the Dodge?

Hmm, weird. Would have made sense if you didn't do it in the Toyota but you did it in the Dodge.
Yep, I think it may have been because the only electronics on the Toyota were the gauges and the very dim headlights, and the dodge has the full digital dash, everything lit, lots of electronics on the engine etc. Still wasn't expecting that much drop with a 136A Alt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.