Will a High Output Alternator Fry my car's Electrical System?

I'm more confused as to what to do now than I was previously.
Too many saying "do this", others saying "don't do that or this will happen".

Makes me want to go back to stock and **** it all.

Are there any experts? And not self proclaimed experts. I need my truck running not melting.
I’ve pretty much read this entire thread and was in the same boat as you. I’m NOT an expert by any means but I did install my HOA and its been going strong for about 2 months so far. Just install and do the big 3 and you WILL be ok

i like to think of it like this. lets say you have a 10 amp breaker for your 110 volt tv and a 30 amp breaker with heavier wire for your 110 volt air conditioner with heavier wire. one day tou plug the tv into the a/c plugin. did it fry because of the higher capacity, no you actually put less strain on the system. i know this is alt current but it puts it into laymans terms. if anything a HO alternator is safer as long as you do it right... with more output your amp will put out less distortion making it easier for your subs. also there will be less voltage fluctuation in the rest of the car, making it easier on things like your ignition coils or ecu.

i like to think of it like this. lets say you have a 10 amp breaker for your 110 volt tv and a 30 amp breaker with heavier wire for your 110 volt air conditioner with heavier wire. one day tou plug the tv into the a/c plugin. did it fry because of the higher capacity, no you actually put less strain on the system. i know this is alt current but it puts it into laymans terms. if anything a HO alternator is safer as long as you do it right... with more output your amp will put out less distortion making it easier for your subs. also there will be less voltage fluctuation in the rest of the car, making it easier on things like your ignition coils or ecu.
Just because an amp is recieving more current doesn't mean it will put out less distortion. Also, why would the TV fry?

i said the tv wouldnt fry. read it again... and ok if the amp wasnt recieving enough current in the first place it would put out less distortion than it did before with the proper current. mybad. also when im wiring something i like to make sure i have way more power available than i actually need that way if i change it up i dont have to put in heavier equipment to back it up. thats a pain in the ***.

I'm running a H/O alt with the big 3 wire also 3 Kinectic batteries, and running a 4g. wire to each batt from alt.Plus a cap on each amp. Things have been running cool and smooth. If you take short cuts you will end up with problems.

I'm running a H/O alt with the big 3 wire also 3 Kinectic batteries, and running a 4g. wire to each batt from alt.Plus a cap on each amp. Things have been running cool and smooth. If you take short cuts you will end up with problems.
Get rid of the caps and it will run better.

How will it run better w/o the caps??? It hold the voltage is more consistent with the caps. That why they are in place. This system has been under construction for 3 years. Testing which amps, speakers, caps batteries work best. With all the testing I've done. So for this has been the most consistant the voltage has been. So You have me confused why you would suggest removing the caps. ???

How will it run better w/o the caps??? It hold the voltage is more consistent with the caps. That why they are in place. This system has been under construction for 3 years. Testing which amps, speakers, caps batteries work best. With all the testing I've done. So for this has been the most consistant the voltage has been. So You have me confused why you would suggest removing the caps. ???
Here's a little test for you to do to see how much power your capacitor provides. See how long JUST THE CAPACITOR will power your amp. Play music, disconnect at the battery and let us know how long the "reserve" in your capacitor lasts.

Sexiest plumber iv ever seen! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blush.gif.99bc659ee2012b7d826165e26fb5eebe.gif

Not true.

all i have to say is that alternators can and will fry your car.. i had a brand new chrsyler 300M just put 2 JL 13W7, and 2 JL 1000/1, and a JL 300/4 in there had a HO alternator put in was a 200amp.. have a 1/0 gauge from the alterator to the battery... and this is what happened to my car when i got two miles down the road after having all the work done....

eneginetoasted.jpg
Somebody definitely did something wrong. That won't happen when it is done right. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...