Why don't tranny pans have a drain hole?

tranny fluid or oil? it's common for GM engines for suvs/trucks have the rear main seal go out. I had to get mine replaced a few months ago.

Some do, some dont. new ones do, almost all of them do. You shpuld have a vortec engine no? I thought those had the mewer trannies which do?

tranny fluid or oil? it's common for GM engines for suvs/trucks have the rear main seal go out. I had to get mine replaced a few months ago.
Def tranny fluid. It's reddish in color. And see some fluid surrounding the boltheads too.

Some do, some dont. new ones do, almost all of them do. You shpuld have a vortec engine no? I thought those had the mewer trannies which do?
Vortec yes.

What year did the Vortec come out?

can you tell where it's coming from?

it's possible that it's leaking from one of the solenoids or sensors in the tranny case, or even one of the lines - they rust out sometimes

can you tell where it's coming from?
it's possible that it's leaking from one of the solenoids or sensors in the tranny case, or even one of the lines - they rust out sometimes
Not really. Threw a piece of cardboard under it yesterday....with multiple places it looks like but that could be the drippings from the pan and bolts. Suppose I could wipe it clean then take a look lying on my back....I should have my old lady look at it. She's used to being on her back anyway lmao!

yeah definitely wipe it clean and start at the top of the engine and work your way down to the tranny when looking for leaks. could be a lot of things unfortunately lol, replacing the rear main seal requires dropping the tranny so i'd try to be sure what the problem is first.

**** if your girl would do that for you then you picked the right one

I did notice the tranny fluid level is way past the level line on the dipstick. Which is weird because I never added any. Wonder if it's this hot weather causing it to expand.

err i hate to be the bearer of bad news but that might mean there's oil or coolant leaking into your tranny fluid.

or, it was overfilled - also bad. how did the oil look when you changed it last?

err i hate to be the bearer of bad news but that might mean there's oil or coolant leaking into your tranny fluid.
or, it was overfilled - also bad. how did the oil look when you changed it last?
It's def dark. Prob time for an oil change anyway.

Check tranny fluid after about a 10 mile drive. Needs to be at operating temp.

While running, and you're at your point to check, put it in each gear for about 10 seconds.

After cycling thru, put it in neutral and apply parking brake. Leave engine running.

Check fluid level.

^^Tis true. I have heard of that before.

I like older vehicles better. Newer ones making it more difficult to work on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.