Why don't tranny pans have a drain hole?

My 88 S-10 has a 2.5L 4-Tech //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif better said 4 cylinder not 4 liter

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Nope.. Actual "vortec" named blocks were released from 95 or 96 and up..
All motors from 85 or 86-95 or 96 were named "vortex" technology.

Pretty much the same engine, but they once made 4 liter engines.

No the s-10s, blazers, jimmys and sonomas had an option for the 4.3 vortec motor that started in 91 or 92. I own a 1993 jimmy with a vortec motor and my dad has a 92 blazer with that motor also

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

they didnt start in the full size vehicles till 95

I remember my buddy's 1993 Blazer (4.3L Vortec V6) rolling out on my 1978 Thunderbird (351M/400 V8) back in high school. I didn't expect that lol.

the reason for no drain plug, is that you should change the filter with the fluid and clean your magnet. many people install drain plugs on race vehicles because of the high trans temps. I suggest if you pull the pan to change your filter and clean the magnet.

the reason for no drain plug, is that you should change the filter with the fluid and clean your magnet. many people install drain plugs on race vehicles because of the high trans temps. I suggest if you pull the pan to change your filter and clean the magnet.
They remove drain plugs and install trans inter coolers if not already in place.

The threads of the plugs melt from constant high temps especially due to bad cooling efficiency in a race application.

I deal with this daily since i race trucks.

They remove drain plugs and install trans inter coolers if not already in place.
The threads of the plugs melt from constant high temps especially due to bad cooling efficiency in a race application.

tranny coolers are installed from tranny lines. definitely not a drain plug hole. even oems know better than that.

tranny coolers are installed from tranny lines. definitely not a drain plug hole. even oems know better than that.
So at what point in my post did i say they run a inter cooler to where the drain plug is????

In the past they used drain plugs so they could release the trans fluid and refill with new fluid to keep the trans cooler and shifts smoother. They learned by just adding the trans cooler they could ultimately use the same fluid because it would not burn up fast as the trans cooler kept the lines cooler.

Till this day its been done this way.

Anymore smart asss answers genius?

So at what point in my post did i say they run a inter cooler to where the drain plug is????
In the past they used drain plugs so they could release the trans fluid and refill with new fluid to keep the trans cooler and shifts smoother. They learned by just adding the trans cooler they could ultimately use the same fluid because it would not burn up fast as the trans cooler kept the lines cooler.

Till this day its been done this way.

Anymore smart asss answers genius?
tons

please tell me how your going to install a intercooler line onto a bottom pan? these lines would be ripped out if you ever bottom out,or from road debries. As for threads melting bs,your transmission temps shouldn't reach above 300F, which at that temp its more than likely burning your clutches. please show me a transmission that gets hot enough to melt threads when 90% of them have rubber somewhere along their cooler lines. Also a cooler needs line pressure to cycle the fluid through, which your pan has 0 pressure.

I remember my buddy's 1993 Blazer (4.3L Vortec V6) rolling out on my 1978 Thunderbird (351M/400 V8) back in high school. I didn't expect that lol.
My buddy had a hopped up '94 4door. Had ladder bars, lowered, computer tune, etc. First time I rode in it I broke the seat. He punched it and i hear click click click click and im looking at the roof. Was quick!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.