Why don't tranny pans have a drain hole?

the reason for no drain plug, is that you should change the filter with the fluid and clean your magnet. many people install drain plugs on race vehicles because of the high trans temps. I suggest if you pull the pan to change your filter and clean the magnet.
I still say BS. Not calling you out but it's ridiculous imo.

Just before I sold my s10 blazer I did just that. Removed the tranny pan, drained the old stuff, new gasket, cleaned off the magnet as you said, and filter installed. Wasn't bad job really. Only downside was my blazer was lowered so had to raise it quite a bit to get under it lol

I still say BS. Not calling you out but it's ridiculous imo.
Just before I sold my s10 blazer I did just that. Removed the tranny pan, drained the old stuff, new gasket, cleaned off the magnet as you said, and filter installed. Wasn't bad job really. Only downside was my blazer was lowered so had to raise it quite a bit to get under it lol
i agree, it can be a pain on certain vehicles. My truck and mustang should be done every 30k. They even put on reusable pan gaskets from the factory. Chevrolet told me to do my zo6 no later than 60k when i owned it. Do some research (i always say the more sources the better). Now i do not recommend you all running and changing your fluid if you don't on a regular basis. This can cause issues from your transmission becoming use to the thick fluid.

Dont you just love trolling.. I dont have any of the dyno sheets from 2 years back.
You are trolling me with this 500hp BS //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

That is a pretty serious wreck tho. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings bro. I'm glad you're alive. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cuddle.gif.bd1b29c179c0482f8313dbd790b74c94.gif

i never had.i dont like computer, new stuff.

im old school.

thats why i drive a 88 s10 blazer. ya has a ecm but its basic .
I drive a pos 88 S-10 with the 2.5 (until I finish my bird //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif). Basically none of the electronic shit works. But you can not kill that iron duke. Gets good mileage too.

And it has 650 hp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.