why doesn't my subwoofers sound louder?

There's probably not many pitchers here, so you might be disappointed.
Hate to break it to you but I've been a pitcher since rec ball. Besides we both know you just sent me h*mo code for "come f*ck me in the @ss big daddy"

Also I've been to ND. Built a truck stop there. There are a massive amount of f*gs there.

Man get the f*ck outta here. I don't know where you get any of your info but you be saying some dumb@ss ****.
I said 1 ohm is worst way to run an amp. Resistance at 1 ohms is where amp is running wide open and runs hotter while producing lower quality sound. Wiring at 4 ohms, the amp runs cooler and sounds better but at a lower volume than 1 ohm.
Then I spoke about speaker/sub power balancing. For systems over 400 watt total power, its recommended to do a 40/60 up to 25/75 ratio. Meaning 25% power to speakers, 75% to sub. If your HU is putting out 100 Watts to speakers then 400 watts to subwoofer is the max.
Youre thinking its crazy cos lots of dudes will have a stock stereo and add subs totalling way more than the 25/75 ratio.

That just means that the sub(s) are overpowering the rest of the system and you guys dont notice or care. But that's not optimal.

1 OHM SUB4 OHM SUB
Produces a louder soundProduces better sound quality
ExpensiveSlightly cheap (for the most part)
Puts much strain on the ampBetter amp efficiency

Man get the f*ck outta here. I don't know where you get any of your info but you be saying some dumb@ss ****.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot the last thing I said that you dont know jack **** about.

Line output converters converts hi signal from speakers to low signal for amp. then, you want the output of thew LOC to match the input Voltage of your amp. You want to set the LOCs output gain level to the input of the amplifier.
Passive LOCs put out 2V ish, active LOCs put out 8V ish.
I couldn't find information on my 1200 watt amps input voltage anywhere. I had to write the company. They responded with 4 volts.
Then I set the LOCs output voltage at around 4.2 volts I think, but it goes up to 8V. That make sense? And the other sht?

Did you resolve this issue?
Hello there. Thanks for asking. No not really man.
I still have to have everything up high or all the way up for 8 inch sub to sound good. Its a 400W RMS sub too. Amp is putting out 500 watts at 4 ohm.
Then I noticed...when I fade music to rear the rear door speakers are very low compared to front. And when I use the Balance, the sub sounds the same when its right or left. But my buds?
When he moves fader back and balance to right, its just the door at decent volume and balanced to left its the door and sub playing. IDK man

You have a signal problem. Chances are that your factory head unit is limiting bass to the rear speakers to keep them from distorting. Does the car have a factory subwoofer?

You have a signal problem. Chances are that your factory head unit is limiting bass to the rear speakers to keep them from distorting. Does the car have a factory subwoofer?
Hey there, thanks for helping me. I have a 2021 Mazda 3 Hatchback non Bose system.
The system has a stock amp under the amp (just fyi) and yes, it comes with two subs in the front cowls.
What really pisses me off is I had a shop install the sub and amp and active LOC.ANyway they didnt tell me where he ran the signal from.
Their lead tech came to the shop from their other location one day and I took it up there to let him hear the super low volume from the rear and to tell me where he tapped for the signal.After telling me mthats just teh way Mazdas are he forgot to tell me where they got the signal from!
I think they were supposewd to get it from the subwoofer by my feet ?

I said 1 ohm is worst way to run an amp. Resistance at 1 ohms is where amp is running wide open and runs hotter while producing lower quality sound. Wiring at 4 ohms, the amp runs cooler and sounds better but at a lower volume than 1 ohm.
Then I spoke about speaker/sub power balancing. For systems over 400 watt total power, its recommended to do a 40/60 up to 25/75 ratio. Meaning 25% power to speakers, 75% to sub. If your HU is putting out 100 Watts to speakers then 400 watts to subwoofer is the max.
Youre thinking its crazy cos lots of dudes will have a stock stereo and add subs totalling way more than the 25/75 ratio.

That just means that the sub(s) are overpowering the rest of the system and you guys dont notice or care. But that's not optimal.

1 OHM SUB4 OHM SUB
Produces a louder soundProduces better sound quality
ExpensiveSlightly cheap (for the most part)
Puts much strain on the ampBetter amp efficiency
And you would be incorrect. 1 ohm isn't the worst way to run an amp. Not even close. The worst way to run an amp is zero ohms. I didn't read the rest of the **** you posted

I have also noticed subwoofers manufactured today are way less efficient compared to 80's /90's product. Today power may be cheaper to obtain, thanks to CLASS D, great efficiency on your electrical system! Unfortunately most subwoofer manufactured today is less efficient in sensitivity since power is cheap today, but the result, these subwoofers are just not as loud. So most efficient way to add more bass, is double the power requirement to get a 3db gain, or add more subwoofers. You cannot hear the difference with 400watts more as it is not actually doubling the power so although you may have better head room in your system, you are not actually using 1500 watts continuously, remember music is transient, not constant like a light bulb, so given the frequency it generates, it may **** alot of juice and then efficient in the mid-bass region. If you are not happy with upgrading your amplifier, then maybe it may be also a good idea to get more efficient subwoofers and then you will notice a significant difference in SPL mate!

By the way, I always drive my subwoofers in a 2 ohm load, even though the amp can handle 1 ohm, it will run more efficiently and the lighter load will also prolong its usage over the years. Also maybe you need a pair of 15 inch subwoofers and that will certainly satisfy your bass cravings mate!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...