Whos got the loudest (currently operational) bass rig on the platform?

Participant count
  • Participants list

20 hz bass machine
Premium Member

Danger Ranger
I just finished my latest re build in my ranger and moved up to 4th in my state, beating out rigs with twice the subs and 4 times the amplifier power. Im hitting a 161 at 47hz and very demoable. I want to hear what numbers you burp car guys are putting up too but I'm mostly interested in demo cars. A pic of you standing at the term lab with the score is appreciated, but not required. Anyway, let see what this car audio fourm is made of. Drop those numbers!!!!
Screenshot_20210522-134700_Gallery.jpg
received_826561798283257.jpeg
20210522_234722.jpg

Im hitting a 161 at 47hz
Sealed at the dash? How much do you gain with door/window open? How much did it cost to build that round port?

I've been 159.3-159.5 for a while. My amps driving 1.4ohm nominal isn't helping but finding parts has been a real battle. It took Precision about 7 months to come through with the new coils and I've only just now (probably) found a reliable source for cones and glue. I'd probably be more motivated but our local org just rearranged our cone area classes and the next guy I'd be chasing runs a vehicle that has been to many world finals and does 166's even with a few subs blown and the holes plugged up. Dropping cone area I wouldn't be much better. Someone else recently resurrected an old DB Drag trailer queen that has done 170s for its previous owners and he is also mid 160s.

Anyway, I hope to gain up to 160 this year but I'm still not 100% sure on parts and I'm recovering from surgery for another month and can't do any heavy lifting. If the new coils don't get me there I'll just buy more/bigger amps. I really wanted to 160 last year but between waiting forever on amp repair and nobody picking up the phone to sell me parts I got basically nothing done.

I may also do something in my F250 if I have time. Still not sure if it'll be fartbox or music, I'll need to gut the back seats and get out the tape measure to see what I have to work with there. Since I use it for plowing and have a really sketchy driveway I don't think I'll want to B-pillar wall, not sure I trust mirrors for navigating around the yard here in a snowstorm and blowthrough is out of the question because I definitely need the bed for cargo.

@20 hz bass machine, I think most guys have daily driver systems on here not just a demo burp vehicle. Let's see what's in the Ranger and hear how it was metered. I've quickly learned that metering a vehicle can be done many ways.
I compete in usaci outlaw. So that score is window down with the meter in the kick. The truck does 158.6 with the meter in the same place sealed

Sealed at the dash? How much do you gain with door/window open? How much did it cost to build that round port?

I've been 159.3-159.5 for a while. My amps driving 1.4ohm nominal isn't helping but finding parts has been a real battle. It took Precision about 7 months to come through with the new coils and I've only just now (probably) found a reliable source for cones and glue. I'd probably be more motivated but our local org just rearranged our cone area classes and the next guy I'd be chasing runs a vehicle that has been to many world finals and does 166's even with a few subs blown and the holes plugged up. Dropping cone area I wouldn't be much better. Someone else recently resurrected an old DB Drag trailer queen that has done 170s for its previous owners and he is also mid 160s.

Anyway, I hope to gain up to 160 this year but I'm still not 100% sure on parts and I'm recovering from surgery for another month and can't do any heavy lifting. If the new coils don't get me there I'll just buy more/bigger amps. I really wanted to 160 last year but between waiting forever on amp repair and nobody picking up the phone to sell me parts I got basically nothing done.

I may also do something in my F250 if I have time. Still not sure if it'll be fartbox or music, I'll need to gut the back seats and get out the tape measure to see what I have to work with there. Since I use it for plowing and have a really sketchy driveway I don't think I'll want to B-pillar wall, not sure I trust mirrors for navigating around the yard here in a snowstorm and blowthrough is out of the question because I definitely need the bed for cargo.
Late to respond here. I mentioned already that the score you see in the picture was measured in the kick with the drivers side window all the way down. Given the organization I compete in, I don't do much testing in areas where I dont meter competitively. That combined with my personal spl meter being broken at the moment, I haven't gotten to do much testing at all. Only reason I know it does a 158.6 at the kick sealed is because I did some testing with a fellow bass head's termlab. During the same testing session the most I was able to hit was a 159.9 so the same sealed test could have been a 159.6 if tested under the same conditions as when I hit 160.97.
My car has been loudest with only the window down for every build I've ever done in it. I lose about a DB if I open the door.
As for the port, I built it myself with the use of a router table. So material cost alone, about $ 170. That being said, I bought the table along with all the other accessories (I didnt skimp out) for about $2,000. I bought the router for several reasons but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't mainly so I could construct this port.

Late to respond here. I mentioned already that the score you see in the picture was measured in the kick with the drivers side window all the way down. Given the organization I compete in, I don't do much testing in areas where I dont meter competitively. That combined with my personal spl meter being broken at the moment, I haven't gotten to do much testing at all. Only reason I know it does a 158.6 at the kick sealed is because I did some testing with a fellow bass head's termlab. During the same testing session the most I was able to hit was a 159.9 so the same sealed test could have been a 159.6 if tested under the same conditions as when I hit 160.97.
My car has been loudest with only the window down for every build I've ever done in it. I lose about a DB if I open the door.
As for the port, I built it myself with the use of a router table. So material cost alone, about $ 170. That being said, I bought the table along with all the other accessories (I didnt skimp out) for about $2,000. I bought the router for several reasons but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't mainly so I could construct this port.

Outlaw

People that do dash generally don't do good outlaw. Just tuning higher helps the sealed scores. Tuning lower helps the hear rest scores. Comparing a system meant to be outlaw vs a system meant to be sealed up is not valid.

People that do dash generally don't do good outlaw. Just tuning higher helps the sealed scores. Tuning lower helps the hear rest scores. Comparing a system meant to be outlaw vs a system meant to be sealed up is not valid.
I have nearly no experience testing sealed on the dash and I always assumed that running sealed made it harder to put up high numbers. Never thought about it the way you described. Both are tuned vehicles designed for a specific purpose. Something to consider for sure.

I was 63+ at the headrest with my 6-15 build. Then I just converted to the current 2-15 temporary set up. It does 158.0 outlaw. Scores are up on Usaci, Iasca, Meca, and NSPL sites. I currently hold three World Records in NSPL 0-30 classes, and Modified 1-2 class.
My Boominburban is my daily also. It is not a burp vehicle either, it plays any music I want to listen to. Peaks at 39hz. I did hold the Usaci low and loud, and Iasca welterweight bass boxing record earlier this season also.

There's a dude up around here with a big blowthrough that does just shy of 160 on 3 minute average with window open (our music classes are door or window open). He burps about the same number since pickup cabin is a different animal to do sealed. He has been working on center """console""" buildup to help his numbers.

Cool build and yeah, that style port throws away a lot of wood and I'd totally own a router table if I had the garage space for one.
I have nearly no experience testing sealed on the dash and I always assumed that running sealed made it harder to put up high numbers.
The difference is very vehicle dependent and as has been mentioned there's design ideas that will work to make either gain. Definitely worth coming in with a plan knowing the org you compete in and its rules if you really care to get in the chase.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...