Who makes SSA subwoofers?

Blackout67

CarAudio.com Regular
Ohio
I read on another forums a post from a few years back and they said they in previous years Fi was the manufacturer of the their parts and assembled at SSA. It goes on to say that they had to cease production for a bit because they didn't have a parts distributor. Obviously they've found a new one does anyone know if they make their own parts now or if Fi picked it back up? I can't find a lot of reliable information on SSA because they are a fairly under the radar company. Ive been eyeballing a pair of Icon 12s for a sealed box I'm making for my mustang.
I've always went thru down4sound because of their amazing customer service but Sundowns are over done and I'm looking for sound quality this time around. I was looking at those icons or Incrimator Lethal injection 12s. Paired to autotech 320 amp alternator and jp23 amp

I read on another forums a post from a few years back and they said they in previous years Fi was the manufacturer of the their parts and assembled at SSA. It goes on to say that they had to cease production for a bit because they didn't have a parts distributor. Obviously they've found a new one does anyone know if they make their own parts now or if Fi picked it back up? I can't find a lot of reliable information on SSA because they are a fairly under the radar company. Ive been eyeballing a pair of Icon 12s for a sealed box I'm making for my mustang.
I've always went thru down4sound because of their amazing customer service but Sundowns are over done and I'm looking for sound quality this time around. I was looking at those icons or Incrimator Lethal injection 12s. Paired to autotech 320 amp alternator and jp23 amp

@denim

SSA makes some very solid woofers. I’ve designed for some of their woofers and emailed one of the owners some about specs and design info. I’ve done several box designs for the ICON’s and everyone has loved them it seems, and I like them from the t/s I see and how the woofer is fundamentally designed. I would personally use icon’s or many of the SSA subs in a heartbeat.

IA makes great woofers as well; either one is probably a good choice. I would tend to think of SSA as maybe the more sound quality of the two, but that’s subjective. I’ve designed for and heard several types of IA’s in person. IA’s amps seem to be some of the better ones I’ve ever seen, fyi.

I would choose SSA over IA at that level, for more sound quality. I’d take a pair of icon 12’s and put them in a 28-30 hz (personally) box and bang the hell out of them.

SSA makes some very solid woofers. I’ve designed for some of their woofers and emailed one of the owners some about specs and design info. I’ve done several box designs for the ICON’s and everyone has loved them it seems, and I like them from the t/s I see and how the woofer is fundamentally designed. I would personally use icon’s or many of the SSA subs in a heartbeat.

IA makes great woofers as well; either one is probably a good choice. I would tend to think of SSA as maybe the more sound quality of the two, but that’s subjective. I’ve designed for and heard several types of IA’s in person. IA’s amps seem to be some of the better ones I’ve ever seen, fyi.

I would choose SSA over IA at that level, for more sound quality. I’d take a pair of icon 12’s and put them in a 28-30 hz (personally) box and bang the hell out of them.

See I've had many many ported set ups and I miss my very first sub. A Kicker comp C 10' in a sealed box too small for it. It was super responsive and was pretty loud even tho I was underpowering it (or maybe my nostalgia glasses are on too tight) and I want to hear it again without losing the output I'm used to. I'm running 15 inch DB Machete Fights on 2k but with shitty voltage. They're low end monsters and good for rap... Not so much metal and rock

See I've had many many ported set ups and I miss my very first sub. A Kicker comp C 10' in a sealed box too small for it. It was super responsive and was pretty loud even tho I was underpowering it (or maybe my nostalgia glasses are on too tight) and I want to hear it again without losing the output I'm used to. I'm running 15 inch DB Machete Fights on 2k but with shitty voltage. They're low end monsters and good for rap... Not so much metal and rock

Just depends. Boxes can be more complicated than just tuning. I knew a metal head who tuned his JBL 12 to 25 hz and loved it; I got to hear that one in person. I liked it. There’s a lot of factors that go into sound and responsiveness.

If had to guess Nick Write owner of incriminator audio middle man ssa subs. if I remember correctly nick does a lot of ODM stuff for a lot of companies like DSS. Their IA and crossfire motors share a lot similar share shape and cooling?

It depends on the SSA subwoofer. The more affordable subs (under $400) will be built over seas. Small subwoofers like 6.5” or 8” same deal.

The SSA Icon is made in China. GCon is made in the US but I’m not sure of the build house. I think Incriminator builds everything in house besides the I Series. I absolutely loved the Icon

The SSA Icon is made in China. GCon is made in the US but I’m not sure of the build house. I think Incriminator builds everything in house besides the I Series. I absolutely loved the Icon
I was looking at the GCON too. I noticed that the Icon does't have the build options like some of their other subs, so I guess I was right in assuming that those are not built to order. How does the Gcon stand up to the Icon? With the flat lead upgrade and the extra spider pack the cost is like $15 more than the Icon. But the motor on the Icon looks to be bigger and has a shorting ring so itd have probably better SQ and tighter response right? Cant tell exactly but it the motor on the Icon looks triple stacked but I cant tell because of the boot

I’m not 100% sure as I have very limited play time with the Gcon and haven’t really looked at the specs. Definitely email Aaron at SSA. He is pretty quick with replying and will be able to answer all your questions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...