Who Here Has Used The Older PBX Subs?

My brother has two 15"'s of the entry lever powerbass subs. The all black 400 rms s4vc. Noone will buy them. So how would oneor two sound in a ht setup?

If I put one in a vented/sealed box ran off a plate amp for home sub stage. Theyre single 4ohm 400 rms. An for the record. These were loud as hell in his trooper off a legacy 1200w ******** amp!!

Cool, Im thinking about getting these 2 15" anyways. If I dont sell the BTL Ill most likely just make a comparison of the both setups with 2500watts. I just wanna come close to or do a 150.
I'm gonna tell you this right now, I doubt you'll see a 150 with the BTL unless you got massive amounts of power.

PBX XS's are great subs, but you already know this.

yep,got that figured out already bout the BTL...

Ima go ahead and grab those PBX 15" subs most likely, I know what 1 12" did so I can about imagine what 2 15" will do...

Now, again does anyone know what the differance is between the black basket and the chrome basket?

We have a brand new XS12 d2 just sitting on a shelf at the shop.

No one around here knows the brand, so its just collecting dust.

IIRC...we have a $99.95 price tag on it. I'm thinking about grabbing it for a portwars box in the future //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

They were dam nice subs when they were in production, I hated to see PB quit making them.

I have one used it for a good year and a half...just a beast of a woofer . Throw down some serious air . Anyway the black basket xs's are more durable and get alittle louder than the newer chrome basket xs's .

I have been trying to sell mine for awhile but still have it go figure . Nobody knows what they can do oh well . I say go with the 2 15's over the 18 if you have the room . They don't like more than 4 cubes ea. I like them in 3.5 cubes with 50in. of port . ea. The black basket xs's will handle more than the rated 1000 rms

Here's mine

powerbass02.jpg
[/img]

powerbass03.jpg
[/img]

I never used the black basket ones, my old 12" was a chrome basket and I fed it 1200watts daily and it did fine, considering it was rated at 800watts. I actually found my old 12" at a pawn shop the other day in the box I built for it, I may go pick it up as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...