Who Has the Loudest Street Blazer?

Ive heard both Neil Barber's and David Mackey's Blazers. Both are just flat out rediculous. Whats really surprising about Neil's is how good it sounds. The bass is just so full, rich, and thick. It just consumes you. Really surpsised when I heard it. Hopefully Ill see ya at Daytona!

Not sure who mentioned Will Alfonso of Divine, but he drives a Nissan Pickup with 16 10L7s and 8 Kicker KX2500.1s. His is built to meter on higher songs. I have still to this day never heard a vehicle with bass that hurts your ears as much as his, even if the other car is louder.

Neil's Blazer.

Picture379.jpg

Picture382.jpg

Picture383.jpg

how do these guys stand up on the street not only the meter
Well not going to read all 7 pages. So maybe answered. BUT. Most likely anybody peaking under 50hz with a nice score does VERY well on the streets. As long as it isn't an outlaw score. I will tell you right now from your post so far on this topic I believe you are kinda a noob (which is TOTALLY ok) just saying. So as far as street beating goes. Anybody that breaks a 150 legal under 50hz on a lab is louder than anything you have ever hear most likely by a LONG shot

His blazer was extremely loud for 2x type R's. It was a fluke of a set up an i think he had trouble duplicating it again. He did win would finals by 6+ dbs or some shlt
10db I do believe. And had a higher score than MR2 MR3 and MR5 that year with his MR 1 score. I heard how that box was done but not going to say anything. will leave that up to tom. Also Fluke or not. 153 plus at the ear and 154 plus at the kick on a lab with ONE orion 2500D and 2 type R 12's. From what it looked like half way musical. Fluke.. Honestly if I thought there was a way to cheat the software on the lab at finals I would say it didn't happen....So more like a dream. But this one actually happened

I will tell you right now from your post so far on this topic I believe you are kinda a noob (which is TOTALLY ok) just saying.
Wow, when the guy who thinks you can't build a speaker box bigger than 36" deep calls YOU a noob, you know you are burned. Which is TOTALLY ok.

10db I do believe. And had a higher score than MR2 MR3 and MR5 that year with his MR 1 score. I heard how that box was done but not going to say anything. will leave that up to tom. Also Fluke or not. 153 plus at the ear and 154 plus at the kick on a lab with ONE orion 2500D and 2 type R 12's. From what it looked like half way musical. Fluke.. Honestly if I thought there was a way to cheat the software on the lab at finals I would say it didn't happen....So more like a dream. But this one actually happened

it played music fantastically, all day as well and would never get stinky at all. Others know how he did it as well. But when duplicated, he could never get the same results.

Wow, when the guy who thinks you can't build a speaker box bigger than 36" deep calls YOU a noob, you know you are burned. Which is TOTALLY ok.
Why cause I wasn't sure about a common misconception. Back when I was in it many many many people swore this was the case. And even if that wasn't the case anybody can be misinformed about a small piece of info

Why cause I wasn't sure about a common misconception. Back when I was in it many many many people swore this was the case. And even if that wasn't the case anybody can be misinformed about a small piece of info
I dont see it as a common misconception. I dont think anyone in the thread had ever heard is this wive's tale before. And Im confused how anyone could even think this 'rule' was feasable, unless they dont understand virtually anything about designing a speaker box. All these SPL guys you ran around with really thought this? Who built their boxes for them? Because I find it hard to believe anyone could be very successful at designing a box and competing with it, when they believe there is some magical notion about 36" that means you should never build a box beyond that dimension. Its almost like thinking a speaker box can never be purple.
Not trying to down you, we all start learning at some point. Im just thinking Im going to remember that every time I see you giving advice about even reasonably high level car audio topics. To use your words... I believe you are kinda a noob, which is TOTALLY ok... but you sure dont portray yourself as such.

I dont see it as a common misconception. I dont think anyone in the thread had ever heard is this wive's tale before. And Im confused how anyone could even think this 'rule' was feasable, unless they dont understand virtually anything about designing a speaker box. All these SPL guys you ran around with really thought this? Who built their boxes for them? Because I find it hard to believe anyone could be very successful at designing a box and competing with it, when they believe there is some magical notion about 36" that means you should never build a box beyond that dimension. Its almost like thinking a speaker box can never be purple.
Not trying to down you, we all start learning at some point. Im just thinking Im going to remember that every time I see you giving advice about even reasonably high level car audio topics. To use your words... I believe you are kinda a noob, which is TOTALLY ok... but you sure dont portray yourself as such.
Not at all. And as you said before you don't know crap about SPL. So don't go there. I am 100 percent sure there was a good amount of draggers that 100 percent said no more than 3 feet. You must understand I have been totally out of the car audio seen for almost 4 years. didn't read a forum. Didn't visit a shop or talk about it with friends. Now I don't know first hand... but a few swore they lost spl when they went to deep. Something about delay in the box. I personally don't know. I never went for one note wonder boxes

Not at all. And as you said before you don't know crap about SPL. So don't go there. I am 100 percent sure there was a good amount of draggers that 100 percent said no more than 3 feet. You must understand I have been totally out of the car audio seen for almost 4 years. didn't read a forum. Didn't visit a shop or talk about it with friends. Now I don't know first hand... but a few swore they lost spl when they went to deep. Something about delay in the box. I personally don't know. I never went for one note wonder boxes
I never said I know crap about SPL, I said I do not compete nor will I ever. I'll go there. lol And make all the excuses you want, thinking theres some fundamental reason you cant build a box beyond 36" simply shows a lack of understanding of the acoustics/physics behind what happens inside an enclosure. A fundamental lack of understanding, to be frank.

I never said I know crap about SPL, I said I do not compete nor will I ever. I'll go there. lol And make all the excuses you want, thinking theres some fundamental reason you cant build a box beyond 36" simply shows a lack of understanding of the acoustics/physics behind what happens inside an enclosure. A fundamental lack of understanding, to be frank.
I never said past 3 feet wouldn't work. They said never go past 3 feet or you start to loose output slowly. Now again this may be an old theory. And I know mike from shocker did do a 6 foot deep enclosure for an spl wall for 2 12's. But the box was pretty square. But I always heard for musical no more than 36inches and past that for spl can cause losses vs it's potential output. Again this is what I heard. Now I know the shape matters. But maybe at 18 inches high you can go 8 feet back. I guess i should have stated when I said no more than 36 inches that it wasn't some wonder of nature and the subs wouldn't work. But I said it was a rule of thumb commonly believed back in the day for max efficiency .

guys guysss it's just a post i'm by all mean not a nobb, we got a different thing in NY and it's soly based on street music, your bass, mids and highs.

Thanks for the big up's!!!!

I will be in Daytona for sure. With a few new things to liven up the experience because thats what my goals have changed to.

The truck will always do well on a meter but thats just comes from experience and the build quality.

Although my primary focus is now the summation of galatic's post. I want my truck to be an experience. Something you enjoy and are in awe of in it's entirety. The looks and smiles and hand shakes are worth every drop of sweat.

Some vehicles are pretty some have a lot of bass some have a lot of high some do well on a meter.

But VERY VERY few do all.

NeillBArber

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.