Whining noise that increases with engine revs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Judonems

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi . I am new to this forum. I recently purchased a 7inch touch screen head unit on ebay for my wifes Toyota as she wanted a back-up camera and we are not too financial atm

Anyhow this unit had a fairly good review from a guy on you tube who did a" how to instal'. So I thought for $45 delivered to Australia I would give it a try

Im not very handy myself but got a lot of enjoyment out of installing the unit and it works fine..that was until I connected the video lead and power lead for the camera to the back of the headset and got a whine which increases with engine revs

There was no engine whine before this . When I disconnect the camera leads the noise goes away.

Any suggestions to resolve the problem will be greatly appreciated

I checked the wiring at the camera end and I had missed soldering one of the connections. The negative power lead from the battery was only twitched.

This seems to have solved the problem by about 90% . There is still a tiny whine but we acn live with that
A mate has given me his surplus amp so Im am going to hook that up .. I suppose that will amplify any imperfections so maybe I should fit a filter capacitor anyway

.Thanks heaps for the advice

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.