Whine from accessory fuse box when radio is turned on

Participant count
  • Participants list

readsiege

CarAudio.com Newbie
US
When the engine is on and the radio is on a whining noise comes from the accessory fuse box in the cab of my truck. The fusebox is in the passenger side wall. Does anyone know what could be causing the noise? It isn't coming from the head unit, amp or speakers and it only happens when the engine is on. If just the battery is on everything sounds fine.

SOLVED BY REPLACING THE SUBWOOFER RCA CABLE WITH A NICER NEW CABLE.
The original cable was from a kit I bought at advance auto, would not recommend!

Last edited:
When the engine is on and the radio is on a whining noise comes from the accessory fuse box in the cab of my truck. Does anyone know what could be causing the noise? It isn't coming from the head unit, amp or speakers and it only happens when the engine is on. If just the battery is on everything sounds fine.
I was just going to suggest that. Check all connections and make sure they are tight. If you have power wires running OVER or NEAR rca cables, move the rca's further away or to the other side of the vehicle. If you can't move them try to cross them at angles or use twisted pair rca's.

I was just going to suggest that. Check all connections and make sure they are tight. If you have power wires running OVER or NEAR rca cables, move the rca's further away or to the other side of the vehicle. If you can't move them try to cross them at angles or use twisted pair rca's.
The speaker wire and rca cables are running down the passenger side and the power cable is on the driver side. The power and ground wire don't touch any other wires. Also the noise stays at a constant volume and doesn't change when accelerating or idling.

When the engine is on and the radio is on a whining noise comes from the accessory fuse box in the cab of my truck. The fusebox is in the passenger side wall. Does anyone know what could be causing the noise? It isn't coming from the head unit, amp or speakers and it only happens when the engine is on. If just the battery is on everything sounds fine.

The whine is coming from the actual fuse box??? You sure it isn't coming from a speaker close to the fuse box?

Through factory wiring

Generally want to upgrade that. If you have an amp, I suggest running a ground from the amp's ground to the stereo ground.

The whine is coming from the actual fuse box??? You sure it isn't coming from a speaker close to the fuse box?

Generally want to upgrade that. If you have an amp, I suggest running a ground from the amp's ground to the stereo ground.
I'm not 100% sure if the whine is coming from the fuse box or something behind/next to it, but it isn't coming from the speaker close to the fusebox. This picture shows where the sound is coming from.

Attachments

• Ford-Ranger-2006-2011_in.jpg
    Ford-Ranger-2006-2011_in.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 19
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...