Which way to face subs in a trunk?

bassboys1993
10+ year member

I'm wondering if it would be the loudest for me to face my subs forward behind my rear seats with them closed off from the rest of my trunk? I found that having them farther back in the trunk when you face them back that their louder, but i've never faced them forward so i wanted to see what everyone else thought before i started my new build.

Every car is dfiferent, have to try it and see what works best for you. Do not necessarily need to seal with subs facing foward. Depends on box position and vehicle. If you do seal it, make sure it is completely sealed, otherwise you will likely lose more output then if you did not try to seal at all.

alright, well thanks for you help, i got the idea to face them forward form this vid

i just want to get the most out of my next build so i wasnt sure, i have a 2007 dodge charger so the cabin is relatively big compared to some cars, but the opening isnt that large so it wouldnt be hard to seal it completely off

does anyone know what you need to use to seal it completely off?

Last edited by a moderator:
i built the box to fit the space right behind the seat. then i put the box in the space behind the seat. lol

i got a couple old, bad cell pics.

IMG00518.jpg

IMG00519.jpg

see i've always believed in facing them back too, and as close as you can to the back of the trunk...i guess i just wanted to see what people on here thought because i see videos on youtube of cars with it facing forward sealed off and their crazy loud

It varies from vehicle to vehicle, as well as box style, and subs. There is no one way that is the best way. Trial and error is the only way to determine what is best for your application.

chriszle- i guess your right i just want my next build to be a step in the right direction so im afraid to try something and have it turn out like ****

Betr- hahah thats exactly what i had on my mind to do because i put my rear seats down all the time and its so much louder that way, so i was thinking that if i put my next set up there and sealed off that it would be a crazy amount louder

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.