which head unit to choose?

chronicblazen
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok guys, id really appreciate if you helped me choose a head unit.

i really like this panasonic one CQ-DF903U which i found for 160 bucks. i like it because of its looks. if you guys take a look at it http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/PANCQDF903U

you see it has graphics, and etc.

however, this is the only reason i like this head unit (o ya and also cus it has like three rca outputs) the only thing holding me back, is that panasonic, as far as ive heard, isnt all that great in head units. as far as sound quality.

i am deciding between this head unit, and a pioneer premier (one of them, they all mostly look the same to me) or an alpine. this is, of course, considering sound quality, before looks.

what would you guys choose?

i've installed quite a few of these panasonic 903's lately and they have been known 2 have some factory defects straight out of the box... and with very little use... i've seen about 3 or 4 with a bad motor inside... when u power it up or anytime you hit eject.... it has this loud grinding noise... also i've seen a few lately where the display turned almost black... even with brightness all the way up you could BARELY make out the screen.... i'd go with an alpine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.