Which brands produce a nice sound quality sub?

Hello Everyone,
I've been saving money for long time, and it's time to start buying. I'm looking to do a nice sound quality build. I'm currently running a budget system, that's been great for what it is, but I'm looking to get a cleaner sound, a deep bass that feels like it surrounds you. I've heard bass like this from sealed enclosures in car trunks, and if I have to do a sealed build I will.

I have $2800 for the whole thing subs, amps, speakers, electrical, and a custom enclosure. I'm looking to do a 3-5k set-up. I have no idea which direction this build will go product wise, ported/sealed, how many subs, ect.

Some sub brands I like are Fi, Adire, SSA, Sundown, possibly Image Dynamics.

For an amp I'm not sure yet. Wolfram, SQ, Synergy, Crescendo, I don't know.

It's going to be my first sound quality set-up, and I hope it turns out pretty good. I'm going to start by getting subs and a amp. Do you all have any suggestions at which brands I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance.

The cleanest sub Ive ever heard sound quality is the power series focal subs are the best as far as sq goes.
their mids/highs are amazing as well. Hope I could help

The Digital Designs 9100 was one of the best subs ever made SQ wise with the right amount of SPL they were hand built and are few and far in between... I still have a 10 I plan on using in a high end SQ build eventually... the motor structure was very unique on them ..way ahead of its time ...I think most of DDs products were at one time ...

Thanks for all the help fellas,

I'm pulling money from the sub/amp budget and putting in into the electrical budget. I haven't ordered yet, but I'm think I'm going with 2 Fi Q 12's sealed in two separate 1.15cu enclosures, pushed by a Wolfram W-3000.1d amp.

Again, thanks for all the input and advise.

You can't even get Q Series from Fi so idk where you are getting them. Also why 2 separate enclosures still. Also those Q Series are 1,750 watts RMS IDK if that 3,000 watt Wolfram is going to push them enough.

You can't even get Q Series from Fi so idk where you are getting them. Also why 2 separate enclosures still. Also those Q Series are 1,750 watts RMS IDK if that 3,000 watt Wolfram is going to push them enough.
Yeah no disrespect to the topic creator but I don't think he understood anything we told him. He's looking at 2 not every efficient SPL subs and trying to use them for a sealed SQ setup ? (what ?)

Your going to have to spend over a grand just in electrical upgrades just to even get these slightly moving and these subs love large ported boxes (your wasting these subs in a sealed setup, much better and more efficent options for sealed).

The problem is you desire SPL level wattage for your build but want suffocating SQ type box size/room. Your going to have to give or take (increase the size dramatically or lower the wattage and get more efficent SQ based subs)

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help fellas,

I'm pulling money from the sub/amp budget and putting in into the electrical budget. I haven't ordered yet, but I'm think I'm going with 2 Fi Q 12's sealed in two separate 1.15cu enclosures, pushed by a Wolfram W-3000.1d amp.

Again, thanks for all the input and advise.
Coolhand20th and mastershake are right.
1- no Q's anymore, but the "replacement"is the 3.5 I believe.
2-I have Q's (4 12" neo) and I'll be pushing them with 2 Salt 4's. That wolfram might be a little low on power.
3 - low QTS. They like ported better than sealed. You should see how friggin big this 6th order I'm about to build is going to be.
4- electrical. I've got a 370a alt and a cyber 12k lithium.... I'm hoping that's enough. Might not be though

That wolfram is ok and all but there is no way it is going to power 2 Fi Q series subwoofers. And still separate boxes which isn't going to work all that well as many of us have said. Fi subs in general like ported better then sealed. I've seen ported boxes in a Mustang from that era I did one and it was ported. It can be done with 2 12" subwoofers or do 2 10" subwoofers if he wants to have some space either way ported is the way to go and never separate boxes it just isn't a good idea.

As you all have stated, I don't have a keen understanding of how things work in the modern car audio world.

I might need to start from scratch. Goodbye 2 sub sealed set-up, and hello one sub ported, and more electrical.

Sorry for being a car audio moron. I'm trying to figure a few things out. It looks like I need to research sub specs like qts, and so on.

As you all have stated, I don't have a keen understanding of how things work in the modern car audio world.

I might need to start from scratch. Goodbye 2 sub sealed set-up, and hello one sub ported, and more electrical.

Sorry for being a car audio moron. I'm trying to figure a few things out. It looks like I need to research sub specs like qts, and so on.
The important thing is that you are listening to the advice given and learning. I was in the exact same boat as you 6 months ago, and the advice given to me here has not done me wrong. So many people come here for advice and then don't take it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.