Which brands produce a nice sound quality sub?

Hello Everyone,
I've been saving money for long time, and it's time to start buying. I'm looking to do a nice sound quality build. I'm currently running a budget system, that's been great for what it is, but I'm looking to get a cleaner sound, a deep bass that feels like it surrounds you. I've heard bass like this from sealed enclosures in car trunks, and if I have to do a sealed build I will.

I have $2800 for the whole thing subs, amps, speakers, electrical, and a custom enclosure. I'm looking to do a 3-5k set-up. I have no idea which direction this build will go product wise, ported/sealed, how many subs, ect.

Some sub brands I like are Fi, Adire, SSA, Sundown, possibly Image Dynamics.

For an amp I'm not sure yet. Wolfram, SQ, Synergy, Crescendo, I don't know.

It's going to be my first sound quality set-up, and I hope it turns out pretty good. I'm going to start by getting subs and a amp. Do you all have any suggestions at which brands I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Cobra will sound good as well since it is sorta a hatchback style. Did a system for a friends '97 Mustang 5.0 right after he bought it new. Those can get loud with the right setup.

Cobra will sound good as well since it is sorta a hatchback style. Did a system for a friends '97 Mustang 5.0 right after he bought it new. Those can get loud with the right setup.

I've had a few cheaper systems in it (cvx's, and xfl's). They sounded pretty good for the products I was running. But the trunk is very small. It will limit me to 2-10" subs probably. My sub budget is $800ish. Right now I like some of the SSA, and IA subs, but I don't know if they are good SQ subs. I'm not even sure if I'm doing sealed or ported. I just want great sound for some occasions, and hard, deep, clear, low bass at other times. I guess I need to start checking to see if the subs I'm looking at are good in smaller enclosures. I want to do it right this time.

I've been shopping around and I really like SSA Icons. They do well in small enclosures and they're decent subs. I don't know if they're great SQ subs, but I doubt they're terrible. Most of the subs I look up don't recommend small enclosures, so I'm searching. I've always wanted an Fi but I don't know enough about specs to build one.

I've been shopping around and I really like SSA Icons. They do well in small enclosures and they're decent subs. I don't know if they're great SQ subs, but I doubt they're terrible. Most of the subs I look up don't recommend small enclosures, so I'm searching. I've always wanted an Fi but I don't know enough about specs to build one.

I rarely hear, "a sealed subwoofer box is the way to go." Actually, never.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.