Which brand made the biggest oldschool sound quality, graphic band equalizer with the most band settings

That's were I'm head back to, A simpler time
I just did that yesterday. Took out the system to have truck serviced (backed up into a pole), and decided to use some of my old amps. I went with Coustic Power Logic. Amp260 for highs and Amp360 for lows. For sub, I used an old JL Audio 8" Enclosed Microsub that I got on Craigslist a couple of weeks ago. Did I need it, no. Did I want it, does a bear **** in the woods? I had forgotten that Coustic sounded pretty good, so now I am diggin' it. Roots baby!

Did it last night.
20200627_161709.jpg
20200627_161720.jpg

I use to run 3 of the Coustic 380 amps back in like 91 when Incredible Universe was open. I could light a Cigarette on the sub amp.. LOL
An old Majestic amp that I ran with a couple of 6x9s used to get super hot. I mean, you could not leave your hand on that thing over a few seconds. Never shut off or reduced power, just vexing. It ended up getting stolen. Damn near broke mah lil' teenage heart it did. Yup.

Nice to still see old-school simple times are still alive here on these forums.No stupid radioactive computer or a dsp needed to get good sound like is always touted as needed to get quality high end sound Richard clarks grand national never needed them and neither do we.I,ll be country cruising down memory lane in a couple of hours enjoying old-school goodness.

.No stupid radioactive computer or a dsp needed to get good sound
Yes sir. I too plan on running through my inventory. Use each set about a month or more, depending on how enjoyable the sound is. It is between 30 to 40 amps, mostly old school. So about a year and a half of swapping out. Only the Coustics and US Amps lack built in crossovers, so those will be first. May connect the active xover for those. But I agree on less is better. I have heard systems with all the bells and whistles, and they sound fantastic, but I just like simplicity. Passives are my preference.

to the one old-school poster,I too are a fan of the old-school passive crossovers, You wouldn,t have any of the old-school alpine spx-f17t crossovers kicking around in your collection of amps and stuff? To all the other posters so far,Thanks for taking the time out to chime in on these old-school equalizers available.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...