Which batteries? And Brazilian amp question

Participant count
  • Participant list
sauce?
as far as i can tell it gets better efficiency at lower volumes (besides the "no **** you're asking for less output." this is when im maxing it out before clipping) , pretty weird that electrical components would work better under maximum hot operating conditions vs standard or low cool conditions?

not saying you're wrong. but substantiate it please. maybe i should of been more clear in saying once these reach max and then soft clip they pull a ton of current, but isn't this true of any amp forced past its limit?
All amps are most efficient when run at maximum output. Always have been.

White Papers | Tectonic Elements

Yes, I did read the post.
You said: "I'm just wondering if voltage drop will destroy the thing because I get drops with 1000w right now."

If you have voltage drop with a 1k, why would you think the situation would be better with a 4k amp?
You didn't read the whole thing man.

"will be keeping the power under 1500w"

That's from the first post. So, why would YOU think that I would think the situation would be better with a 4k amp? I was just wondering if small voltage drops from 1-1.5kw would kill this amp. I got an optima yellow d35 today and headlight dimming and power window speed is much better. Having problems though... Sub gets way less hot with this amp and distorts less, but even with a -24db x-over I can't render the higher frequencies inaudible.. It's really fvcking up my sq

You didn't read the whole thing man."will be keeping the power under 1500w"

That's from the first post. So, why would YOU think that I would think the situation would be better with a 4k amp? I was just wondering if small voltage drops from 1-1.5kw would kill this amp. I got an optima yellow d35 today and headlight dimming and power window speed is much better. Having problems though... Sub gets way less hot with this amp and distorts less, but even with a -24db x-over I can't render the higher frequencies inaudible.. It's really fvcking up my sq
Explain to me how you will keep the power under 1500 watts

Explain to me how you will keep the power under 1500 watts
Aliens. That's how I'm going to do it. I'll contact aliens...

The fvcking volume knob lol. Along with the level control on the amp, head unit, and remote knob...

But really it sin't hard for me to tell if I'm approaching 1500 watts. If it's less loud than my other amp, it's clearly below 1500w

Aliens. That's how I'm going to do it. I'll contact aliens...
The fvcking volume knob lol. Along with the level control on the amp, head unit, and remote knob...

But really it sin't hard for me to tell if I'm approaching 1500 watts. If it's less loud than my other amp, it's clearly below 1500w
I wish had your abilities to sense how much power an amp is making without physically measuring it

I wish had your abilities to sense how much power an amp is making without physically measuring it
I doubt anyone can do that. Well maybe, but I doubt it. But what they can do is make a very reasonable assumption: if the volume is less than it was on a 1000w amp that does 1100w at nominal impedance before impedance rise, power is certainly going to be under 1500 watts

I doubt anyone can do that. Well maybe, but I doubt it. But what they can do is make a very reasonable assumption: if the volume is less than it was on a 1000w amp that does 1100w at nominal impedance before impedance rise, power is certainly going to be under 1500 watts
Gotcha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.