which amp is best choice for 2 psi

I used to run a class ab precision power pc2350, and I could get voltage drops into the 9s (Not very efficient to run AB on subs). Ran for years that way before I upgraded the alternator. Goddamn headlights looked like a strobe light when I’d crank double bass metal. I had always assumed low voltage was bad for amps. If I remember correctly, the operating range on that amp was up to 17 volts. Glad I didn’t try to run it at 17 like I had wanted to.

Wow 95 alt
Whatsort of set up do you have ?

Single 15" AB HD15D2 in 4 cubes net at 32hz on a MD3000.1 @ 1 ohm.
20191203_160829.jpg

nice build
anymore pics?
is that one whole enclosure? or a platform then enclosure

Enclosure first, then built the platform around it. All brad nails, titebond II and clear silicone. Then wood putty to fill in nail holes. Five coats of clear. Wet sanded between coats of clear. Probably, the wrong section, again.

Attachments

• 20191108_004837.jpg
    20191108_004837.jpg
    633.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 20191103_170956.jpg
    20191103_170956.jpg
    700.1 KB · Views: 144
  • 20191119_211205.jpg
    20191119_211205.jpg
    673.6 KB · Views: 147
  • 20191026_220020.jpg
    20191026_220020.jpg
    776.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 20191106_125655.jpg
    20191106_125655.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 20191107_195905.jpg
    20191107_195905.jpg
    633.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 20191026_220101.jpg
    20191026_220101.jpg
    589 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Enclosure first, then built the platform around it. All brad nails, titebond II and clear silicone. Then wood putty to fill in nail holes. Five coats of clear. Wet sanded between coats of clear. Probably, the wrong section, again.
very nice build
maybe ill do the clear coat
looks nice
im assuming its a dd but i cant tell

its not the batteries its mainly the alts charging 15.+ aka 15.4 or so. Rail caps in full bridged amps are basically set to 90+ % usage capacity for normal 12.6-14.4 volt operations. A constant 15.4 volts after drop with slight clipping causes the rail caps, power supply and the bare minimum number of fets to be well over capacity and build up waaay too much heat way too fast. If you watch bare vids taramps repair videos he'll tell you the full aspects of it as well, very informative and he tells you straight up the amps arent meant to do actual rated for long periods of times due to lack of proper amounts of fets which is pretty much in line with what all the distributors say. The amount of batteries does not matter. The alternator charging voltage does. Everyone that I know charges 15 volts plus has popped a taramps when they soft clipped. Everyone else is soft clipping all day long without ever popping it.

I'm not bashing on taramps i'm literally just giving it to you straight. I love it i use it but you need to know the operating conditions if you want to have a healthy functioning amp. You cannot treat it like a korean unless you have the bass series which have much beefier internals but they arent operating anywhere at full capacity at the start like the MD and HD series are.
actually i talked to taramps repair guy on the taramps page, he actually told me thats incorrect, and you honestly should stop spreading false informaton.

the only different between the MD and bassline is one power capacitor, but the difference between the Hd and MD line IS SIGNIFICANT. he said stay away from HDs they get sent in frequently, he said they will do 8k all day rated

these are for daily not just burps, had a nice hour phone conversation with
Mark Cannady

Location DAIL RIDGE RD, 2205,
CITY. WENDELL
STATE. North Caroline
ZIP CODE. 27591

Contact 9194000195

maybe you should give me a quick call to get your information correct..

also he repairs taramps for super cheap

the fets used on korean amps arent able to use the high powered fets the new digital amps are because korean boards are mostly hand soldered. the taramp is all done on machine which makes it more compact and able to produce more power efficeitnly at 86%

im not here to argue, nor am i a taramp fanboy, i am literally just spreading information i was told by a guy who repairs amps all day long so if you think you know more than him, give him a call, dont shoot the messenger trying to spread the truth of what i was told that was not marketing at all. thast why i wanted to speak to an amp repar guy straight up about this because i used to repair amps myself for a number of years

once again im not trying to bash or insult anyone, just put to rest the false information being spread

actually i talked to taramps repair guy on the taramps page, he actually told me thats incorrect, and you honestly should stop spreading false informaton.

the only different between the MD and bassline is one power capacitor, but the difference between the Hd and MD line IS SIGNIFICANT. he said stay away from HDs they get sent in frequently, he said they will do 8k all day rated

these are for daily not just burps, had a nice hour phone conversation with
Mark Cannady

Location DAIL RIDGE RD, 2205,
CITY. WENDELL
STATE. North Caroline
ZIP CODE. 27591

Contact 9194000195

maybe you should give me a quick call to get your information correct..

also he repairs taramps for super cheap

the fets used on korean amps arent able to use the high powered fets the new digital amps are because korean boards are mostly hand soldered. the taramp is all done on machine which makes it more compact and able to produce more power efficeitnly at 86%

im not here to argue, nor am i a taramp fanboy, i am literally just spreading information i was told by a guy who repairs amps all day long so if you think you know more than him, give him a call, dont shoot the messenger trying to spread the truth of what i was told that was not marketing at all. thast why i wanted to speak to an amp repar guy straight up about this because i used to repair amps myself for a number of years

once again im not trying to bash or insult anyone, just put to rest the false information being spread

Its a difference of information from two different sources of two people repairing amps and the distributor who talks with the manufacturer directly pretty much. But seeing Mark is an official repair guy for taramps I'll trust him over the distributors and an unofficial repair guy like barevids. Its just easy to believe the other side due to what I see IRL at all the shows i go to.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.