Which amp for Rainbow GL-C6.2 components?

mosen

CarAudio.com Newbie
Nov 19, 2021
Hi, I've bought a set of Rainbow Audio Germanium GL-C6.2 (6.5" 2 way components). The speakers are 4 ohm, 120W RMS, peak 180W.

I'm looking for an amplifier that can drive them with a focus on SQ. I've got an Audi S3 Sportback, so just a small cabin to fill.

Any ideas? Would want to spend under $1,000 on this amp. Thanks!

p.s - I plan on getting a sub in the near future, not looking for anything massive, so I'm happy to just buy a more powerful amp in preparation, and forego a separate amp for the sub, if that's not a dumb idea.

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
USA
https://mosconi-system.it/product/gladen-d2-150-2/
Most SQ guys will run this Brand and Zapco. You will will more than likely need a DSP if keeping the stock HU.They have mono amps also for the sub duty. I run dedicated amplifiers as much as I can.

mosen

CarAudio.com Newbie
Nov 19, 2021
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://mosconi-system.it/product/gladen-d2-150-2/
Most SQ guys will run this Brand and Zapco. You will will more than likely need a DSP if keeping the stock HU.They have mono amps also for the sub duty. I run dedicated amplifiers as much as I can.
Thanks for the advice - we can't seem to get Mosconi in my country, so I opted for the Zapco ST-4X SQ.

My car has a JVC KW-V250BT installed, which seems to have some basic DSP functionality incl. time alignment etc. If I'm not happy with the output I'll definitely consider a DSP.

At the moment I only have the stock speakers installed, my tweeters are working but none of the door speakers work. I'm keen for the new speakers to arrive - gives me an excuse to take it into the shop. Until then I shall fiddle with the HU settings - I'm pretty new to playing with wires (but happy to give it a go).

As for sub - yeah, I'll get a mono block and keep the little Zapco for the fronts.

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
USA
Thanks for the advice - we can't seem to get Mosconi in my country, so I opted for the Zapco ST-4X SQ.

My car has a JVC KW-V250BT installed, which seems to have some basic DSP functionality incl. time alignment etc. If I'm not happy with the output I'll definitely consider a DSP.

At the moment I only have the stock speakers installed, my tweeters are working but none of the door speakers work. I'm keen for the new speakers to arrive - gives me an excuse to take it into the shop. Until then I shall fiddle with the HU settings - I'm pretty new to playing with wires (but happy to give it a go).

As for sub - yeah, I'll get a mono block and keep the little Zapco for the fronts.
You could have picked up the other one with a built in DSP for about $50 bucks more prob?
I have a Zapco ST 6x SQ, and an Elemental Designs Nine 5 that I plan on doing a more SQ type install this coming summer in a couple vehicles.

Attachments

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
USA
I did not know where you where you were from and only assumed the US. My apologies on that one. Im not sure what you are able to purchase where you are from. But Zapco does make that same version you picked up with a built in DSP and it is only like $25 bucks more here in the US= Zapco ST-4x DSP

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds