Which American Bass XFL's to get ?

Participant count
  • Participants list

BassJunkie96

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm looking to upgrade the subs i have now (hds2.1 12''s) and I have been eyeing the XFL's for a while now now the dilemma is I cant decide whether to get a pair of the dual 4 ohms and wire them to 1 ohm final or get the dual 2's and try for .5 ohms. I know the BC3500 is .5 stable but is it worth i wiring that low or should I just get the 1 ohm variants for now. Right now at idle the lowest it goes is 13.4 (mainly because my engine idles at 650rpm a bit lower than 1k) but while driving it never sees below 14v. These hds2.1s have handled the BC3500d very well without getting smelly which leads me to believe i have a fair amount of box rise (or these subs are just tanks) which is why I considered running .5 to combat rise. Thanks for the help in advanced !

Update: I will probably sell this amp and go for a 4500w, and 2 15's sometime this year...

Current setup:
Subwoofers: soundqubed hds2.1 12s (wired to 1 ohm final)
Amps: Fosgate 300x4 Crescendo BC3500D
Doors: Pioneer Pro 6.5s/ Pioneer D 6.5s, 1 inch dome tweeters/ bullet tweeters in dash
Radio: Pioneer AVH-2500NEX
Box: 4.5 cubes before displacement tuned to 32hz
Electrical: Singer 270 alt , Optima redtop in the front, 2 duralast platinum agms in the back
2 runs of 1/0 from the front to the back, and dual 1/0 inputs on the amp.

Last edited:
My .02... if you've been wired .5 for awhile now and have strong electrical (I'm assuming)... why swap Hds 2.1's for Xfl's and wire 1 ohm?
I'd keep the amp loaded .5 as you're used to a certain amount of power already. I'd think wiring to 1 ohm on a set of Xfl's will leave you wishing you had wired lower and underwhelmed by the output.
I assumed you were at .5... my bad.
I'd wire lower with sufficient electrical for sure... jmo

My .02... if you've been wired .5 for awhile now and have strong electrical (I'm assuming)... why swap Hds 2.1's for Xfl's and wire 1 ohm?
I'd keep the amp loaded .5 as you're used to a certain amount of power already. I'd think wiring to 1 ohm on a set of Xfl's will leave you wishing you had wired lower and underwhelmed by the output.
the hds2.1's are wired to 1ohm rn

haha You're fine after much thought im going to scrap that build because it wont really be much of an upgrade. Im thinking some HDX 15's now on 4500w. We will see still working out some stuff.

I have an suv so a fair amount of room. I measured 40x27x27 worth of free space with a little lee-way. that come out to about 16 cubes. I think 9 cubes after port and sub displacement should be good what ya think ?

That sounds about right. Just add the sub displacement, port displacement, and bracing displacement to come up with the cubes that you need to start with. Probably going to start somewhere around 11 cubes.

Good looks bro, going remeasure just to make sure but this is looking good.

I'm running this 15" on an MD3000 and love it. 4 cubes tuned to 32hz.
Screenshot_20200403-183248_Amazon Shopping.jpg
20200403_183647.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.