Where To Get L7's

you **** ass b!tch, why would you say that. you probably dont know **** about them
1st: It was a joke. You took it waaaay to seriously.

2nd: L7's can't touch my SX as a good daily driving woofer. I'd like to see you hit 143 on the new Termlab with 1 L7. When you do, I'll stop talking bad about L7's

3rd: Yes I do know about them since I just completed a box for my friend with...guess what...a 12" L7. It's pretty loud but the SQ just isn't there, just like all the L7's I've ever heard.

coming from someone driving an Oldsmobile.......
WTF does that mean? My car is an excellent machine. I bought it with 135,000 miles (it's a 98) and it drives like a dream. And it was only $4600.

Inform us what you drive please.

i'm not against ghs_wrestler or with ghs_wrestler but i why do solobarics have a lot of sq awards but with us they **** ass, and yea a 15" L7 IMO can't come close to the sq of an SX, but im not sure which will get louder i say they will be 1-2db's within each other

In both subs, i only used 1 box spec, which was the factory recommendations for each, and gave each 1200watts in a ford explorer. If i remmeber correctly, the mag was in 4 cubes tuned to 38, and the L7 was in 4.5 tuned to 38. Now im sure more testing can be done with different box sizes, but this was just a one time thing, so all you SI fans dont get your panties in a bunch. 144.5 centerdash with the mag, 147.7 centerdash with the L7 on a new AC mic. Hope this helps :thumbsup
well i searched today :thumbsup and this is what i found, the L7 will get louder than ghs_wrestler189's SX, IMO the SX is still better than the L7, what was the box tuned to when you got yours metered ghs_wrestler

maybe I am just biased against them, but I have reason to be. Never really heard a good sounding one. LOUD yes.

If you take a look at my competition thread, there is a pic of 2 15" L7's that did receive a higher number than my SX, but that person had double the surface area and nearly double the power, he only did about 2.5 dB's higher than me though. He told me they were ported to 47 hz too.

well i searched today :thumbsup and this is what i found, the L7 will get louder than ghs_wrestler189's SX, IMO the SX is still better than the L7, what was the box tuned to when you got yours metered ghs_wrestler
That was on the dash with the AC mic. mine was wedged under the dash with the new TL. It was tuned to 36. I didn't think I did too bad, 1st place at my 1st comp.

L7's can't touch my SX as a good daily driving woofer. I'd like to see you hit 143 on the new Termlab with 1 L7. When you do, I'll stop talking bad about L7's
Like I said, a good daily driver with quality SPL numbers. My SX takes the cake IMO. And I basically challenged somekook to hit 143 with a single L7.

I'm not getting to serious about this though (I hope) just haven't had good experiences with the L7 series.

Me and my friend just installed a 10 inch L7 in his pickup with a kicker 600.1 amp and a ported box(dont know what its tuned to) and it sounds awesome. This was my first time to hear an L7 and i was actually expecting something very loud with crappy sq but i was wrong. It was loud as hell and sounded good doing it too. The L7 is an excellent driver IMO. Not saying its better than the sx or ne thing else re makes tho cuz ive never heard an re driver.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.