Where to get a h/o alternator (Canada)?

cbuts
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hi, drive an 06 malibu lt wondering where in canada would be the best place to get a goood h/o for a fair price. looking for something that will last and above 250a

currently using stock 110A

or if you have better suggestions please post, also what size do u think i should get, im thinking atleast 200 to be safe?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
well im in canada, what would a 250 or 350 amp cost, with shipping and duty fees included, and also how many watts (approx can each one withstand)

thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

well im in canada, what would a 250 or 350 amp cost, with shipping and duty fees included, and also how many watts (approx can each one withstand)
thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
a 350 amp is 620 shipped to you ,duty fees i have no idea ,customs figures that out from the shipping insurance

a 350 amp is 620 shipped to you ,duty fees i have no idea ,customs figures that out from the shipping insurance
yikes thats kinda steep, and i know i would get raped atleast $70 in duty... im hoping maybe i can find a cheaper one in canada or off ebay or something

well i asked for the price of the both, and a question along with that, but you just tried selling me the most expensive one and didnt answer the question i asked.... :cool:

my bad hold on a sec please
no problem im sure you have seen my other topics and know how much of a noob i am, thats why i ask alot of questions, and if im gonna be spending this kinda money, i wanna know what it can handle, cause i dont wanna spend too much, but i wanna get whats gonna do me in the future aswell with an extra battery or something

275 is 520 shipped plus the duty fees ,as far as how big of an alt ,that depends on the power your running .also $490 for a 250 amp
are your prices nogetiable? do you beat other peoples prices, id like to stay in the 400 range but im sure im gonna need atleast 275.. can 275 handle 5000 watts rms?

you can see what im running in my sig and im going to want to upgrade to something heavier atleast 2 12s or 15s at 1-2k a piece.

thanks

are your prices nogetiable? do you beat other peoples prices, id like to stay in the 400 range but im sure im gonna need atleast 275.. can 275 handle 5000 watts rms?
you can see what im running in my sig and im going to want to upgrade to something heavier atleast 2 12s or 15s at 1-2k a piece.

thanks
275 can handle the power if yu have the batts as well .and sorry prices are firm .this is a singer alt ,and the built quality is top notch .should do about 140-150 at idle

275 can handle the power if yu have the batts as well .and sorry prices are firm .this is a singer alt ,and the built quality is top notch .should do about 140-150 at idle
interesting, i will get back to you,what kind was it also. thanks for your time. i would like to do a little bit of shopping around although that looks to be a decent price, are u able to find out the duty for me? thanks.

anyone elses feedback and what they paid or another place is greatly appreciated as im trying to save a buck!

Duty fees are totally up to the customs guys. I think like 10% tho of what they are insured for. If I sent it with no insurance then no duty fees Also singer alts are very nice alts you would be pleased

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.