Where to get a h/o alternator (Canada)?

Duty fees are totally up to the customs guys. I think like 10% tho of what they are insured for. If I sent it with no insurance then no duty fees Also singer alts are very nice alts you would be pleased
okay ive got work in the morning, im going to ask around a few more places and if no luck then im sure ill settle, i will get back to you.

thanks

mechman and singer are worth looking into usually around the 400$ mark for those and mechman's are usually 270amp
well a guy on ebay had a 250A alternator that he wants like $340 for, he said it does half of 250A at 900 rms(idle) if that makes any sence and is any good, haha

Case is in made in Brazil

components are in Made in USA and assembled in our shop he says

please give feedback

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem. Just don't get a eBay alt they are not what they claim and junk. They don't last
ive been quoted on a 240A alternator from mechman for 399 + 65 shipping and 2 year warranty.. seems to be the best deal ive found so far

I bought me a singer 275A alternator that is 9 months old for $310 + duty fees
Where’d you purchase from? Looking into this because I feel I’m gonna need one. And did you ever replace the battery? Can’t find group 75 xspower wondering what group can be used as a substitute. I’ve read group 47 fits but didn’t get much proof.

Just seeing this is almost 10yr old... my bad... if you remember please share

Last edited:
Where’d you purchase from? Looking into this because I feel I’m gonna need one. And did you ever replace the battery? Can’t find group 75 xspower wondering what group can be used as a substitute. I’ve read group 47 fits but didn’t get much proof.

Just seeing this is almost 10yr old... my bad... if you remember please share
I think I had a red top at the time for a battery..message X's power on Facebook and ask which one they recommend..I'm running a 390A brand x alt but now I'm inna dodge ram.

Both brands are good

Honestly Optimas are not that good. Go with a XS all day long over a Optima. Optima is the same old Johnson Controls battery just with an Optima name and tbh I saw those things cut in half when the battery reps would bring them in. Wasn't anything special like they make it out to be

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.