Where should I put my sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

mikeysheff12

CarAudio.com Recruit
I’m not too sure where to post this exactly so I’m posting it in general. Anyway, I’m having a little trouble on deciding where to put and face my sub box, it’s 29” x 15” x 15” (width x height x depth) I own a sedan and I used to have the box in the trunk, facing the back of my car and it was amazing, got all of the bass, had all three rear view mirrors shaking, you could really feel the bass yk. And just today I impulse decided to move it to the back seats, when it was in the trunk, I had to keep my rear seats down for airflow and so the amp wouldn’t overheat in my trunk. But I folded the rear seats up and set the sub box in the rear seats, facing the front, now it feels like barely anything, you can definitely still hear how loud the sub is but it doesn’t feel half like what it did in the trunk, facing the rear.
My only options considering how big the box is, is to put it back in the trunk facing the rear, or facing upwards. Or keep it in the rear seats, and face it upwards. I feel like going back to what it was would be the best option but I wanted some of yalls opinions first

It’s usually better facing the rear in the trunk, unless you seal off the trunk from the cabin completely and face them forward.
I think I’ll do that then, I can’t put it in the back and fold my seats up because it basically blocks airflow from the trunk to the cabin and last time I did that, I blew an amp from overheating

i have a Honda Accord and fire my sub toward the front bumper. i had it firing toward the rear bumper, but it sounded about the same. i like front firing, so the sub is protected if i put something in my trunk. ps, i took the rear deck speakers out, lets the bass enter the cabin better

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

mikeysheff12

CarAudio.com Recruit
mikeysheff12
Hartsville, SC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views