• Thread starter <BatteryBoy>
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
&

<BatteryBoy>

When do you need to get a battery to power your system? I'm about to buy a new system and I want to know if I need to add in a battery and setup to the price list. So, how much crap can you run off your regular car battery til you need to separate them?

What do you plan on running ? An extra battery may hurt instead of helping. Adding an extra battery puts alot more strain on the alternator.

I'm going to have 12" Sub, 350Amp, and a newer head unit...I'm just curious as to how much more I'd have to add to justify getting a second battery...or second power source..

Alot more
Unless you plan on upgrading your alternator. Which means big time $$$. I wouldn't worry about. If you have trouble with your lights dimming. Add a cap or two. If you really want a battery. Start by replacing the battery under the hood first. In my daily driver I'm running two punch hx2's off a bd1000.1 and a power800.4 running my focal comps in the front and midbasses in the rear. All with the regular factory 120 alternator. The only thing I did was upgrade the battery under the hood. I also upgrade the factory wiring on the alternator. I changed this to 4 gauge instead of the factory 8 gauge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
ramos
IMG_0632.jpg

just call me KeV

Apr 19, 2024