What's better? A 5-channel amp or a 4-channel w/ a mono?

Which combo?

• T1000X5AD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jl1000/5v2

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 400x4/ad and jx1000/1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Audiophileenthu

CarAudio.com Newbie
Texas
So here's the dilemma. I've been working on getting parts for my build and as of right now I have...
- Stinger 4 gauge wiring kit
-14 gauge speaker wire
- Sound deadening (Crutchfield)
- RCA (Crutchfield)
- Focal IS165 components (they're half off on Crutchfield)
- Focal RSX 165
- Audio Control LC7i (using the stock headunit)
-Two nemesis 8inch subs (2 ohms) 500rms each w/ a pro box

Now what I'm trying to decide is which amp to get. I originally was going to get the t1000x5ad but I've been reading there are heat problems occasionally and run really hot. (I live in Texas so this is a concern) On the other hand I can get the JL Audio's XD1000/5v2 but runs about $250 more but I haven't heard any issues from this amp. So I would like to get some opinions to narrow down my decisions. Also any other suggestions would be great. I'm thinking about doing the 400x4/ad and the jx1000/1(JL) as well. Any help is helpful. Thanks

P.S I am looking for sound quality with quite of bit of volume.
- Also Any mou
nting Ideas for a Toyota Corolla IM would be amazing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190806-225002_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190806-225002_Chrome.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
The Sundown 1100.5 has a larger powered 5th channel than most 5 channels and cheaper. I was going to get it but decided to go with a slightly higher power handling subwoofer.

I am biased, but for good reason. Our SSA IC150.4 and SSA IC2200.1 will give you plenty of headroom and save you money while giving you plenty of power for down the road if you want to upgrade to larger power handling speakers. Plus you can talk right to the owner of SSA, and I am sure he wouldn't hesitate to work a package deal pricing for your build. ;) ;)

Depends on how much power you want. 5 channels, in general, are limited by the single power supply and as such you don't get as much power to the mids and sub channel for $ when compared to a 4 channel + mono.

Most 4 channels are clones or similar designs so unless you really want an audiophile grade class a/b just go with the accurately rated amp with good $/watt. For a mono amp you really can't beat the taramps hd3k, md3k, or bass 3k. It's a lot of power but after rise it'll be just right. If it sounds like way too much get the md1800. The wolfram 2400 is also a solid contender because it's a clone board in the race to zero

I am biased, but for good reason. Our SSA IC150.4 and SSA IC2200.1 will give you plenty of headroom and save you money while giving you plenty of power for down the road if you want to upgrade to larger power handling speakers. Plus you can talk right to the owner of SSA, and I am sure he wouldn't hesitate to work a package deal pricing for your build. ;) ;)
That would be awesome! If there anyway you could send my the owner's contact information? Thank you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...