Whats a good loud tweeter? (NOT FOR COMPETITION)

Participant count
  • Participant list

kylemarsound

CarAudio.com Newbie
l am looking for a good loud set of tweeters for my 2018 dodge ram 1500 I will be putting two 12" subs in the rear. They will be producing 800rms. I also do travel on the highway a lot occasionally with the windows down. I heard metal tweeters are good for that and cutting through loud bass. I'm having a tough time trying to find a set. The only ones that I've been noticing are JL and I noticed pioneer made one that's around $30 that has polypropylene and titanium. But I have no idea what to choose and don't want one to quiet or so cheap it sounds crappy. Any advice?

I was kinda in the same situation. I drive all day listening to music and some on the interstate. I rarely roll my windows up. So far I have tried the Kenwood eXcelon soft domes, the ebay alpine ring radiator soft domes, the massive audio aluminum domes and these Arc Audio soft domes. Of all of these the Massive aluminum and the Arc tweeters were the loudest. If I hadn't blown the Massives I would still be running them. These Arc audio tweeters are loud too. No problems at 70mph with the windows down.

What mid woofers are you running? What are they crossed at? What 4 channel amp are you running? That would help to pair up a set of tweeters.
I'll be running 2 pioneer champion series 12" subwoofers. 800rms DVC 4ohm and ill have them wired to 1 ohm into the amp. I probably won't want to run them to the amp because the amp was set up perfectly for the subs. And I shouldn't need an amp for the tweeters correct?

Sound deadening. Just doing this BEFORE getting speakers is going to help. After, grab a component set of speakers. The fact that you sound deadened before getting the aftermarket speakers is going to make them even easier to hear. At that point you can find a set that works with your situation... be it amplified or running off the head unit.

Sound deadening. Just doing this BEFORE getting speakers is going to help. After, grab a component set of speakers. The fact that you sound deadened before getting the aftermarket speakers is going to make them even easier to hear. At that point you can find a set that works with your situation... be it amplified or running off the head unit.
Would you recommend doing that instead of tweeters? All I need is it to be louder. Do door speakers really change it that much? Plus I feel I would be spending a lot more money. For something that might not make a difference? Do they make speakers with loud tweeters in them?

Sound deadening is a MAJOR step to making things louder. You loose a lot of sound to door panel vibration and openings in the door that allow the rear sound waves to meet the front sound waves of the speaker and they can cancel each other out which will make you loose sound output. They make speakers called Coaxial speakers. These have tweeters and sometimes mids and tweeters mounted in front of the woofer. Often called 2-way or 3-way coaxial speakers. This simplifies speaker instalations if you don't want to custom mount a tweeter somewhere or don't have a stock tweeter location. Just don't skimp on the speaker if you can help it. Get a good quality speaker with a good quality tweeter mounted to it... if you go that route. Focal, Infinity, Rockford Fosgate, Polk... and so on.

Yes, door speakers can change it a lot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.