what to buy?

green_slip
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Utah
I currently have my magnum D2 15'' sub in my room waiting for an amp. I also have my focal utopia 136W speakers in my room waiting for some power. What amps would you guys suggest? I am willing to buy 2 amps but whatever sounds the best is what I want. I would like around 90-100 watts going to each speaker and about 800+ going to my D2. I was looking into buying the zapco ref-750 for my sub and the zapco ref-350 for my comps but that order did not go through. I have a max spending range of around 850 for either both amps or one good four channel perhaps. Please just give me some suggestions on what I could/should get for an SQ application with the pieces mentioned above. thanks.

a memphis 1000D is always an awesome amp

KICKER SX400.2 does 100+ at 4ohm

that might be a good idea, or

memphis belle all-in-one amps are amazing as well

the memphis amps have impressed me also.

i'm temporarily using a memphis amp right now, because i'm trying to figure out what to do with my setup.

the amp is a m class 75x2@4 ohms (i forgot the model #). after using that amp, i can say that i would have no problem running memphis amps in my car.

and that 1000D is SMALL!!! you have to see it in person to appreciate it. not only that, i read in the manual that the amp is rated at 1100watts @ 1 ohm, so its not a 1000 watts like you would have been thinking.

my local shop sells that amp for $500, but would come down on the price a little if you haggled.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.