What subs to buy. 12'', i have 1200 watt 1 ohm stable amp

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Do they even make 10s? I couldn't find any on the website, but I've seen some on their facebook page..

Do they even make 10s? I couldn't find any on the website, but I've seen some on their facebook page..
Are you referring to Obsidian Audio? If so, yes I made some 10's for Jonathan Price but they were custom 10's. We do not produce any 10's but I made four 10's for JP out of Obsidian motors, modified baskets, OA coils, etc. They worked out very well. However, isn't this thread asking about 12's?

Are you referring to Obsidian Audio? If so, yes I made some 10's for Jonathan Price but they were custom 10's. We do not produce any 10's but I made four 10's for JP out of Obsidian motors, modified baskets, OA coils, etc. They worked out very well. However, isn't this thread asking about 12's?
It is , but he dos't have the space for 2 12s ported so people are suggesting he go 2 10s ported.

OP

I would suggest 1 12 ported. you may loose some overall output but what you gain in low end frequency extension may be worth it.

Your problem isn't your subwoofer setup - it's your box. It needs to be vented/ported, that'll give off louder bass. 

If you don't have room for 2 12s in a ported box, try 1 15. I realize you want 2 12s, but a little open-mindedness can go a long ways.

For a while, I thought I'd never have anything but 12s. But a 15 in the right enclosure gives me eargasms that the 12s could simply never deliver...
Oh really cause a pair of 12's in the right enclosure would make you bail its a fact.

Oh really cause a pair of 12's in the right enclosure would make you bail its a fact.
Well, yeah, I realize that. I'm just talking about preference - I prefer the sound of 15s to 12s. I realize it's all enclosure and sometimes even amplifier dependant, but 15s generally tend to play lower.

Well, yeah, I realize that. I'm just talking about preference - I prefer the sound of 15s to 12s. I realize it's all enclosure and sometimes even amplifier dependant, but 15s generally tend to play lower.
Ummmm nope.... I can play well down into the low 20hz range.. How much lower u trying to go??????

Ummmm nope.... I can play well down into the low 20hz range.. How much lower u trying to go??????
I knew I was going to get somebody like this .

I said it's all in the enclosure - and most people who have systems who don't get very detailed into it don't have 12s that get that low. And it totally depends on the brand of subwoofer.

I knew I was going to get somebody like this . 

I said it's all in the enclosure - and most people who have systems who don't get very detailed into it don't have 12s that get that low. And it totally depends on the brand of subwoofer.
What u mean someone like me??? I assume u mean someone that speaks the truth... In the correct box, car, power any sub on the planet can play as low as u want them to. Brand has nothing to do with it as 98% of the subs u see out right now are mostly copies of each other or of previous models.

As far as most people that have 12's that want play low its due to them using prefab boxes, sealed, or have a high tuning for burp purposes.. Not trying to be a prick just telling the truth..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.