What speakers smart fortwo grundig radio five

fran_spain

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello from Spain, my name is Fran. I have been reading in many places about speakers. I have a Smart fortwo 450 (2006), it has a grundig radio five and two 10cm speakers. the sound is not very good as the speakera are under the front dash. There is an upgrade from Smart called sound system that has two sound boxes under the dash, and 13cm speakers. I found this boxes with the speakers in an abandoned smart. (I don't know the word in English for the place where there are a lot of crushed cars). So.. I read that this radio is 4x21W. I dont know what this means. I think is 21 RMS W. So I read in some places that speakers have to ve 20 RMS, in other places people say that it doesnt matter speakers watts. In other I read that radio has to be 50% less than speaker W. But in other places I read that 20w radio can move "bigger" speakers. I am getting crazy, I dont know who to believe.. I just want to put a better speaker to that sound boxes, because the ones that are with the boxes might be broken (I havent test them). I just want some better sound than factory. I dont want to change the radio as I want to leave it original. I would like to have a 13cm speaker woofer and tweeter. Hope you can explain me in an easy way what should I look for or buy.
thanks for reading and for your help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...