what should the cap be set to????

Set to? you don't set a cap...its just there, charging and discharging. If by "set to" you mean what voltage is it reading then ~12v with the car not started (running off the battery) and ~14V with the car started (alternator)

I really do not know what you mean by settin it to high. Do you mean could the factory set it to high? If so the answer could be MAYBE. The number on the digital read out is the amount of power stored in the cap. It will try and keep your system at a constant 12 to 14 volts with its stored power. If you look that number will change (if you have a big amp) when you hit a hard bass note. I do not think it is going to hurt your system, seeing there are a number of fuses along the path to help stop any major damage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.