What should my voltage be when my car is running...

Participant count
  • Participants list
Well last night the voltage was 12.7 and this morning it is 13.7 I guess that's from the heat.

Either way I'm going to order a 250a ho alt from singer as soon as he answer my questions and sends an invoice
see:
A new alternator want give you more voltage if its PCM regulated

You need to make sure singer gives you an alternator that is not PCM regulated and gives you a bypass kit for your specific vehicle. You will come back and complain in a week about voltage if you do not do this

see:

You need to make sure singer gives you an alternator that is not PCM regulated and gives you a bypass kit for your specific vehicle. You will come back and complain in a week about voltage if you do not do this

My voltage at the main battery was 13.9 and 12.7 at the rear kinetik when it was 93 degrees outside after driving for a couple hours.

Guy at the battery shop said it's fine for now. My alternator has 90k miles on it so I'm ordering the new one.

I sent singer the model number off my alternator and he knows what car I have so hopefully he will know what I need exactly. Seems like he is trusted around here.

My alternator is in fact regulated

From singer:
"If you have the 2 wire plug (I do) called LIN bus ideally we need to stay on that plug. The bigger alt will stiffen voltage the way it should, that regulator design just does not allow us to achieve a higher voltage set point"

From singer:
"If you have the 2 wire plug (I do) called LIN bus ideally we need to stay on that plug. The bigger alt will stiffen voltage the way it should, that regulator design just does not allow us to achieve a higher voltage set point"
What is the year and model of your vehicle?

From singer:
Another person you can ask is JS alternators. They're mostly on facebook so you can try messaging them there.

I personally wouldn't bother if you can't bypass the regulator. Total waste.

Your front battery voltage should equal your rear battery voltage. If it doesn't, your wiring is bad.

Another person you can ask is JS alternators. They're mostly on facebook so you can try messaging them there.

I personally wouldn't bother if you can't bypass the regulator. Total waste.

Your front battery voltage should equal your rear battery voltage. If it doesn't, your wiring is bad.

My grounds aren't the best. I'll check all my connections again thx

Ground your second battery to the frame and ground the amp to the battery

After the same drive I make every night with the amp ground to the frame I was at 13.8-13.9.

With the amp ground to the second battery it was 12.7 last night after the same trip.

I'm thinking maybe the original ground isn't very good so Im gonna try a different ground point with the amp ground to the battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.