Northeast Region What Should I Expect at a MECA SQL Event?

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV
    Participant count
  • Participant list

Skooter
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well, as the title says, I'm wondering what I should expect. I plan on attending this event: http://www.mecacaraudio.com/flyers/8-18-13PA.jpg

I've been working on a setup that is simply a daily driver setup, but I wanted to enter in a low class of SQL and SPL just to see what it's like and see how my setup stacks up. My build progress can be found here: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/579410-2005-buick-rainier-build-log.html

I'm not entirely concerned with how well I do, but am I going to embarrass myself? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

What are these events like? How many people usually show up? How long do they usually last?

Thanks guys,

Skooter

you wont embaress your self. most people don't come with the straight beast thousands of dollers set up. the shows are a blast though. they usually go for 4 to 6 hours. we all just hang, demo. youll do your run and youll almost always get a trophy if you compete. at least the wi shows. the shows ive been at there usually is 50-100 people but around 15-20 people competing. but every shows different. most of the time theres a grill out with good food for cheap. overall there a awesome way to spend a day.

you wont embaress your self. most people don't come with the straight beast thousands of dollers set up. the shows are a blast though. they usually go for 4 to 6 hours. we all just hang, demo. youll do your run and youll almost always get a trophy if you compete. at least the wi shows. the shows ive been at there usually is 50-100 people but around 15-20 people competing. but every shows different. most of the time theres a grill out with good food for cheap. overall there a awesome way to spend a day.
Awesome! I've been excited to go to this for months, and now I learned that I had to have surgery 2 days after, so I wanted to do something fun and exciting. Makes me feel even better about it that it's just a bunch of people just hanging out and doing demos.

Thanks for the reply! You just settled my uneasy nerves.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.