What is?

RobGMN

CarAudio.com VIP
5,000+ posts
MN
Elections are stolen before the count, not during it. Fraudulent voter registration and unjust voter suppression happens before anything is counted. The big picture gets lost in all the BS.
Do you think it’s true or false that Democrat voters outnumber Republican voters?

Jimi77

CarAudio.com VIP
Denver, CO
George Bush stole the election from Al Gore in 2000. I believed it then and I still do. The whole attitude that we shouldn’t even investigate simply because the accusations are against our side is dangerous.

It's not that we shouldn't investigate, it's when the investigations lead nowhere but the accusation that remains that is problematic. Even if you don't believe Bush won, he didn't "steal" the election, he was the fortunate beneficiary of an oddball ballot. That is different from what Trump and company are claiming.

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
arizona
It's not that we shouldn't investigate, it's when the investigations lead nowhere but the accusation that remains that is problematic. Even if you don't believe Bush won, he didn't "steal" the election, he was the fortunate beneficiary of an oddball ballot. That is different from what Trump and company are claiming.
Voter suppression is almost impossible to prove. Like I said, elections are stolen prior to the count. Making it hard to register or creating 6 hour long lines to vote is fairly common to discourage voting in strategic areas. It’s the game our politicians play between each other.

Jimi77

CarAudio.com VIP
Denver, CO
Voter suppression is almost impossible to prove. Like I said, elections are stolen prior to the count. Making it hard to register or creating 6 hour long lines to vote is fairly common to discourage voting in strategic areas. It’s the game our politicians play between each other.

I get that they play those games, but that isn't what TrumpCo are claiming. If you don't want to wait in line, mail in, vote early, etc.

RobGMN

CarAudio.com VIP
5,000+ posts
MN
Why is it that waiting in line only discourages Republican voters? Do they feel they should get a FastPass because they are special?

RobGMN

CarAudio.com VIP
5,000+ posts
MN
Because Dems are already mailing in multiple ballots....
Oh that's right. The country is overwhelmingly Republican but the Democrats have faked all the statistics and made it seem the opposite, even to the point of electing Republicans in areas of the country that are traditionally Republican, and getting a Republican in the office of POTUS.
Just to have plausible deniability.

RobGMN

CarAudio.com VIP
5,000+ posts
MN

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
arizona
I get that they play those games, but that isn't what TrumpCo are claiming. If you don't want to wait in line, mail in, vote early, etc.
it doesn’t matter how the vote is manipulated, it’ fraud. I find it particularly curious how we are ok with sneaky voter fraud through Voter suppression, but cheating the count itself is a big deal. It achieves the same goal. I really don’t get it.

Jimi77

CarAudio.com VIP
Denver, CO
it doesn’t matter how the vote is manipulated, it’ fraud. I find it particularly curious how we are ok with sneaky voter fraud through Voter suppression, but cheating the count itself is a big deal. It achieves the same goal. I really don’t get it.

Voter suppression isn't fair. Gerrymandering isn't fair. But once the district is gerrymandered, that's the way it is. If the GOP is successful at getting drop boxes pulled out of an area, that's the way it is. Then it's incumbent upon the voter to deal with the lack of drop boxes, or ID requirements or whatever else.

I didn't say it isn't a big deal, but I also I understand that what I consider to be reasonable voting laws might not be what somebody else considers reasonable. So maybe somebody is inconvenienced with having to get an ID or drive further to a drop box, etc. That is very different from Trump is accusing Dems of doing.

Create account or login to post/reply

You must be a member in order to post a message.

Create account

Register now to post new messages.

Already have an account? Log in here.

About this thread

Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
ThxOne

Latest threads