What is the equivalent of PRS80 in double din ?

poneer *****. the JVC is much better. i instantly noticed higher resolution. i went from the JVC 730 to the kenwood 6904s( hte SQ build deck) and its awesome as well but no network mode. its nice thought better touch screen faster but i cant really hear a difference between the jvc and kenwood(they are basically identical with hte JVC having the lower tolerance parts and no active networking). i have a Twk 88 and i use it to do my level matching phase attenuation and EQing to keep all channels linear in frequency response then i cna on hte fly EQ for different genres with the 4 user presets. for rap the EQ is unusually flat. some stuff is unnaturally boosted and i prefer a certain sound and most recordings now in days **** so i clean it up when i have to.

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

poop
The double din has a bit more features and for the price its not to bad of an upgrade
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The double din has a bit more features and for the price its not to bad of an upgrade
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Which one money? I spent 1400 in a year in a half on these cd players. I wish the kenwood had the cool touchscreen features of the jvc.

I'd trade my 6904 for a new 940

Sorry I didn’t make myself clear but I don’t need active capability as I have the DSR 1 now. Also I am surprised there is a big difference between the Jvc and Kenwood as they are the same company? I was just looking at the Nex pioneers also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 80 and im not a huge fan. It has some great features but the 5v preouts are a lie. Its really half that unless you put on some stupid feature that adjusts output based on ambient noise or some crap. It wont reach full output parked with the feature on though so good luck setting gains. I also have the 880 that i liked better but no bluetooth.

[quote name='dbjunior']I have the 80 and im not a huge fan. It has some great features but the 5v preouts are a lie. Its really half that unless you put on some stupid feature that adjusts output based on ambient noise or some crap. It wont reach full output parked with the feature on though so good luck setting gains. I also have the 880 that i liked better but no bluetooth.[/QUOTE]

i got 4.7V out of my sub level, yours could have been faulty. I dont need to use any of those features ever.

[quote name='wew lad']I talked to @adulbrich earlier and he mentioned an Alpine deck that has full active capabilities, but I'm not sure that it was a double din?[/QUOTE]

164 bt, single din.

Your buddy have the same tune? Doubt it
it literally brought life back into his setup even at flat was better than the kenwood tuned up. With a proper tune its miles ahead of the kenwood in every way possible. Literally sounded like lossless vs 96 kbps by comparison. the 373 models sound like complete @ss.

Grab the kenwood or Jvc. You won't go back to pioneer.
most likely jvc. FK kenwood until they get a brain and include network mode in their head units.

it literally brought life back into his setup even at flat was better than the kenwood tuned up. With a proper tune its miles ahead of the kenwood in every way possible. Literally sounded like lossless vs 96 kbps by comparison. the 373 models sound like complete @ss.

most likely jvc. FK kenwood until they get a brain and include network mode in their head units.
Dude my 6904s is awesome. Twk88 I don't need network mode brotater. Gonna grab ether the new arc or zapco down the road. I'm limited to 24/48khz with the TWK but it's pretty outstanding with the little tuning I've done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

ChaseinBass

CarAudio.com Veteran
ChaseinBass
Calif
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views