What is the equivalent of PRS80 in double din ?

I think Soundstream, in their 2018 catalog, had some interesting new headunits but whether or not the sony/soundstream cheapo brands have stepped up or not is still yet to be seen besides that one sony headunit jeff made a thread about a while ago

edit: just looked, no dsp or active capabilities

I think Soundstream, in their 2018 catalog, had some interesting new headunits but whether or not the sony/soundstream cheapo brands have stepped up or not is still yet to be seen besides that one sony headunit jeff made a thread about a while ago
edit: just looked, no dsp or active capabilities
soundstream head units are still complete garbage in the audio department.

Dude my 6904s is awesome. Twk88 I don't need network mode brotater. Gonna grab ether the new arc or zapco down the road. I'm limited to 24/48khz with the TWK but it's pretty outstanding with the little tuning I've done.
Go compete then and see what kind of SQ score you get if you dont need network mode.

Its still a network mode setup
I failed to see the issue. It's not like the jvc had more tuning power. I used the twk xover and eq as well as the TA and level matching. I could tweek the 13 band eq if I had to for overall sound. With the tweek I simply tuned to compensate for the cabins acoustics. I don't need network mode money.

[quote name='wew lad']I talked to @adulbrich earlier and he mentioned an Alpine deck that has full active capabilities, but I'm not sure that it was a double din?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the deck I have out in the garage is active capable.

I was looking at the NEX models compared to the 80PRS, and they seem like they are the closest. They dont have the 5V pre-outs, is that really so bad? I also noticed the 80PRS has some fancy name for their crossover network, I want to save David Brown, but thats probably not right. I would imagine in the the 8 or so years since the 80PRS has been out Pioneer would have something far superior in a carplay (NEX) format. Ive been trying to decide on a new deck and asked the same question about in the headunit general forum. I currently have a Pioneer FH-P8000BT and its decent, but the firmware is no longer supported and my newer iphone wont connect, 7 band EQ, and only HPF/LPF crossover. The preouts are 4V on my current setup, and Ive been really wanting 5V. It seems Pioneer doesnt feel the need to have them in their flagship models, so why should I care about a measly volt between friends?

I have the Clarion CZ702 and love it. It has 5 v preouts, but the eq is only 5 bands. I run my system actively from it. That being said, I'd switch to the 80PRS given the opportunity.

I was looking at the NEX models compared to the 80PRS, and they seem like they are the closest. They dont have the 5V pre-outs, is that really so bad? I also noticed the 80PRS has some fancy name for their crossover network, I want to save David Brown, but thats probably not right. I would imagine in the the 8 or so years since the 80PRS has been out Pioneer would have something far superior in a carplay (NEX) format. Ive been trying to decide on a new deck and asked the same question about in the headunit general forum. I currently have a Pioneer FH-P8000BT and its decent, but the firmware is no longer supported and my newer iphone wont connect, 7 band EQ, and only HPF/LPF crossover. The preouts are 4V on my current setup, and Ive been really wanting 5V. It seems Pioneer doesnt feel the need to have them in their flagship models, so why should I care about a measly volt between friends?
You don’t need 5 volt pre outs, 4 volts is fine. What matters is the installation, routing of the RCA cables, and using decent quality cables from the HU to the amplifiers.

I had the Alpine 164 bt, single din HU and it’s an excellent sounding deck. I have the Pioneer 5800 BHS and Pioneer 1330 NIX and both sound excellent. I like the speed of the 1330 better but the overall functionality of the 5800 best.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

ChaseinBass

CarAudio.com Veteran
ChaseinBass
Calif
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views