What is COVID?

Buck

Why so Sirius?
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
Do you not even know what you post?
"We estimate that 22,000 - 30,000 previously uninfected adults aged 18-29 must be boosted with an mRNA vaccine to prevent one COVID-19 hospitalization"
That's 22,000 out of 225,000,000. That = .00009, which is 9/1,000% (my numbers were off because I was trying to recall what 5 decimal places was, but 1 vs 9 in THOUSANDTHS of a percent is statistically a non-issue).

You used 9/1,000 % to sarcastically say "super effective". Yet, that percentage actually proves very high efficacy.
You failed.
That’s not what that means. It’s not 22k out of 225 mil. It’s one prevented hospitalization prevented per 22k, so it’s 1/22,000 is the % of people that vaccine prevents from being hospitalized….which is ineffective lol

Reactions: El Wapo

Buck

Why so Sirius?
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
That’s not what that means. It’s not 22k out of 225 mil. It’s one prevented hospitalization prevented per 22k, so it’s 1/22,000 is the % of people that vaccine prevents from being hospitalized….which is ineffective lol
1/22,000 = 0.00004545

So, for 18-29 year olds, vaccines will keep that percentage (0.000045%) of people out of the hospital, which is laughable, extremely ineffective, certainly not worth the side effect risks for that age group.

Last edited:
Reactions: El Wapo

RobGMN

CarAudio.com VIP
5,000+ posts
Jul 1, 2021
There's something not right here. Why would they say 22-30K must be boosted to prevent one hospitalization?
Regardless, the statistic still shows efficacy as there are 52.5 million in the US between age 18-29. That means the booster will prevent approximately three THOUSAND hospitalizations from COVID.
Do you have any idea the financial strain that three thousand hospitalizations presents?

The average overnight stay in a hospital costs $11,700. Three thousand one-night stays is $35 MILLION dollars. The average stay due to COVID is 18.9 days.I'll be kind and round down to 18 days. That's $631 MILLION dollars.

If boosters can prevent a medical outlay of $631 MILLION dollars per the study you shared, that seems pretty damn effective to me.

RobGMN

CarAudio.com VIP
5,000+ posts
Jul 1, 2021
Because the MRNA vaccines are shit 🤡
Yet you posted that they can save over half a billion dollars in medical expense outlay.
Half a billion dollars is "shit"?

spokey9

5 time International Booty Bandit Gold Meldalist
Apr 10, 2022
This is an opinion piece.
He opens with: "Some call them protesters. Others call them rioters. But to America’s enlightened elites, there’s only one word that will do: Heroes.", then goes on to write "There’s an astonishing story in the Boston Globe-Democrat""..."in which Newbury Street shop owners hit by looters and vandals Sunday night still stand by the protest “heroes.”

The only one calling the rioters "heroes" is the guy writing the opinion piece, and he does it in a sardonic manner. He never says or shows that anyone has called the rioters heroes. No quotes, not evena reference to hearing it, especially from the "enlightened elites".

If you think this is in some way proof that the media called the rioters heroes, it may explain why you so readily believe and repost so many stupid and inaccurate memes in this forum.
Isn't the term "hero" inherently opinion...

RobGMN

CarAudio.com VIP
5,000+ posts
Jul 1, 2021
Isn't the term "hero" inherently opinion...
Not relevant here.
When someone makes a claim, and is asked to back it up, then they should back it up.
The article linked to is no proof whatsoever. But I’d bet a quarter the user who posted it would later say “I DID provide proof”.

spokey9

Apr 10, 2022
Not relevant here.
When someone makes a claim, and is asked to back it up, then they should back it up.
The article linked to is no proof whatsoever. But I’d bet a quarter the user who posted it would later say “I DID provide proof”.
If you don't believe the "peaceful protesters " burning down cities weren't portrayed as heroic and virtuous...then you're even more of a partisan hack then I previously believed...

RobGMN

CarAudio.com VIP
5,000+ posts
Jul 1, 2021
If you don't believe the "peaceful protesters " burning down cities weren't portrayed as heroic and virtuous...then you're even more of a partisan hack then I previously believed...
Still waiting for proof of the media claiming and portraying the rioters as “heroes”.
If it was so prevalent, it should be easy to find and share, no?

spokey9

Apr 10, 2022
Still waiting for proof of the media claiming and portraying the rioters as “heroes”.
If it was so prevalent, it should be easy to find and share, no?
You're either playing coy or just stupid...

spokey9

Apr 10, 2022
ba9af7ecbeb32b7032a8eff88e7f09ef.jpg

It's Thursday 🥳

Jimi77

Sep 17, 2017
Here’s the study:

‘1) no formal risk-benefit assessment exists for this age group; 2) vaccine mandates may result in a net expected harm to individual young people; 3) mandates are not proportionate: expected harms are not outweighed by public health benefits given the modest and transient effectiveness of vaccines against transmission; 4) US mandates violate the reciprocity principle because rare serious vaccine-related harms will not be reliably compensated due to gaps in current vaccine injury schemes; and 5) mandates create wider social harms.’

Super effective 🤡

‘We estimate that 22,000 - 30,000 previously uninfected adults aged 18-29 must be boosted with an mRNA vaccine to prevent one COVID-19 hospitalisation.’
During the Omicron surge, and stratified by vaccination status, the CDC’s maximum reported crude mortality incidence rate (IR) for 18-29 year-olds was 1 per million among the vaccinated and 5 per million among the unvaccinated.

So you would have me believe that a vaccine that is 5x effective at preventing death is actually 98x times as likely to cause a severe adverse event? This reminds me of the Ivermectin debacle, when docs and researchers were putting out studies out there saying Ivermectin works. The right wing anti-vax conspiracy crowd ran with that story. The part of that story that never made it onto FoxNews is how that studies got ripped under peer review, were using dangerous doses of ivermectin and when the studies were recanted. When this yet to be peer reviewed paper does get reviewed and ripped to shreds, the right's selective memory will once again kick in.

Any idiot can see that the vax cannot possibly be 18-98x as harmful as covid or hospitalizations would have exploded during the initial 6-8 month vaccine roll out. There is no way "they" or AI or the Lizard People or even the Clintons could have possibly hide the fact that the vaccine was at least 18x as harmful as Covid. It's laughable to think it's even possible. Keep in mind their estimate of 18-98x as harmful isn't for minor shyt, they're saying it's 18-98x more likely to cause severe adverse events, so we're not talking myocarditis that resolves itself in a month. 600m doses have been administered in the US, that's 6x as many confirmed cases of Covid. Even if the vaccine was only as dangerous as Covid (vs 18-98x times as dangerous), we should have seen a beyond astonishing increase hospitalizations and deaths, but that didn't happen.

When Delta hit everybody knew, you could see the impact. When Omicron hit, again we could see the impact. Yet for some reason when 68% of the US population gets fully vaxxed with a vax that's 18-98x worse than actual covid, somehow nobody noticed??? How can something so obviously impossible be come to be accepted as gospel by millions? It's astonishing. I suppose I could post a dozen links to various data sets showing how hospitalization/death are ~2-5x+ more likely if you're unvaccinated, but lets be honest that would be a giant waste of my time.

Reactions: RobGMN

Create an account or login to post

You must be a member in order to post a message

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest threads

Latest classifieds