what do you think this would cost?

Participant count
  • Participants list

Noc Thunder

I'm in the process of rebuilding my system. Here is what I have:
The (H) stands for what I already have and (B) stands for what I will buy soon.

Alpine CDE-172BT head unit (H)
Alpine RS69C.2 6X9 component system (H)
2 Digital Designs 10" 9500K with ESP subwoofers (H)
Digital Designs M4b 5,000 watt subwoofer amplifier (H)
Audison bit One digital processor (H)
Eric Stevens comp NEO full size HCLD (B)
Eric Stevens MB-8 2 ohm 8" midbass (B)
Arc Audio KS 300.4 amplifier (H)
Arc Audio X2 1200.6 amplifier (B)

I saw a picture of someone's trunk and although I don't want a subwoofer box with plexiglass (I'd rather have it carpeted and not visible), I love what was done in the spare tire area with the amps and processor. I plan on putting two amps (the Digital Designs M4b and the Arc Audio X2 1200.6) the bit One and my XS D3100 battery in there. What would you guess it would cost, just so I can get an idea so I'm not shocked when I look around places in Southern California to do this for me?

Thank you to anyone that posts and ideas or guesses of how much this might cost to put into my 2007 Dodge Charger.

Javier

fyi......he said over $1000, all that work for $1000 would be highly unlikely
Yeah, you're right. Even though I'm only talking about the amp display in the spare tire, you are right. I know the box is a whole different thing, and I'm imagining the building of the amp display as well as the wiring of all that will be much more than $1000. I'm just trying to get a ballpark idea of costs so I won't be in shock when I start getting quotes on the work. Thank you for pointing that out, I appreciate it.

Do you know who did that build? Can you ask the installer? Can you bring a picture to your installer?

Please report back when you find the actual price.

I personally would expect to pay around a grand for just the woodwork and install, not counting cost of gear. I personally would not pay more than $1200, but i also have never paid anyone to do my installs.

Watch caraudiofabrication on YouTube and it will give you an idea of how much time that stuff takes.

I hope you're going to run an alt with all of that.
Oh yeah!!! I used to have a Mechman 240A alternator, and it lasted over 3 years, but I've contacted Singer alternators to see if he can make me a 320 A alternator. I'll have a high output alternator, I have the XS D3100 battery just for the system (for my car I have an Optima yellow top), and I already have the big 3 wiring.

Do you know who did that build? Can you ask the installer? Can you bring a picture to your installer?

Please report back when you find the actual price.

I personally would expect to pay around a grand for just the woodwork and install, not counting cost of gear. I personally would not pay more than $1200, but i also have never paid anyone to do my installs.

Watch caraudiofabrication on YouTube and it will give you an idea of how much time that stuff takes.
I don't know who did the build because I found the image on Google so I could show the installers what I wanted, except for the subwoofer box. The last subwoofer box I had was made of 1" thick Baltic Birch wood build according to Digital Designs specs (2.75 cubic feet box ported somewhere around 35Hz to 38Hz) and it hit like a prime Mike Tyson, so I want to replicate the same box. I'm not into plexiglass and LED lights...I prefer to have it stealth so if you open the trunk, you wouldn't know there is a subwoofer box.

I will report back here once I get quotes for the construction and how long it will take. Luckily, I already have the subs, amps, and bit one...so I already have the equipment. I just need them to do the build and wiring. I can do the soundproofing myself (A crapload of second skin damplifier pro deadening mats) but I can't do the other stuff. The trunk is already stripped out clean, so the only thing there is the Optima yellow top battery and the wiring stuff...everything else is stripped to the bare metal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Noc Thunder

Noc Thunder
Orange County, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Noc Thunder